MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I'll be ordering a set of tyres at the end of the month and considering either 595 RSR's or AD08's. 215/45s are much cheaper but i love the look of my 205/40s over a 7.5 inch wheel. I think 15mm more tuck would cause considerable arch rubbing too which I dont want.

Are the AD08s that much better than the 595RSRs as they're a 1/3rd more?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Right, I've currently got Avon ZZ3s dry grip is great, wear and wet grip not so.....

So what shall I get next that grips great in the dry, ok in the wet and will actually last.

Fancy some Michelins, worth the £££?

·
Addicted to Whineeee
842 Posts
I can't fault my Continental Contact 3's - 205/45/R17

Great for the winter, plenty of grip on dry roads and last for thousands of miles.

I won't change to anything else, especially at £102 a corner from Camskil. :thumbup:

·
burble.. burble pop! pop!
442 Posts
Parada spec s's, 205/45/17 £67 each, awesome in the the dry, dicey in the wet!

·
Ninja
106 Posts
Are you allowed to change the tyre size as you want here in the UK or are there any rules? In Portugal they are really strict with that and you won't pass in the MOT. How do things work around here?

·
Premium Member
2,992 Posts
Really stupid question, is it ok to swap from summer to winter tyres on the same rims and then keep the summer tyres over the winter?
I feel like the answer should be yes but I've only swapped wheels and tyres together before. It‘ll mean I can put winter tyres on the hairpins and keep the tyres until I buy some new summer wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just looking to bin my run craps on 18" JCW R95 Star Spoke but whats the best option 215/35 or 215/40 ??? any advice would be greatly appricated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got rid of the runflats ASAP after buying my car and chose the Hankook V12 Evo Pro's in 205/40/17 on my R56 fJCW after recommendation from my local tyre guru. Enjoying them so far, and at half the price of Contact 5's they're a great buy! (Paid £82 a corner).

They don't feel instantly confident, probably because they're a slightly harder compund. However... FANTASTIC grip in the dry, and well above average in the wet. Low road noise as well so really won't complain.

Have tried Vred Ultrac Sessanta's on a Subaru STI and a Mk5 GTI and would recommend them for sure. Very stiff side walls so a bit bumpy and noisy, but top grip, wet or dry. Might be even better on a Mini, being a lighter car.

Conti Sport Contact M3's on my old Z4M (basically a Contact 5) were good, but very quick to wear and incredibly expensive, wouldn't use on the Mini myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
can we put a poll up for this topic? everyone seems to have their own fav (fair enough, its a personal thing).

guys i found out a earlier, I am on.. run craps lol :laugh: (dunlops) they are hard, but they are pretty grippy tbf.. will wear them out and look at the toyo TR 1

·
Registered
34 Posts
Toyo Proxes T1 Sport 235/40 ZR17. Mounted on Rota RB's 7.5' wide rim w/45mm offset. Clears everywhere and sticks like crazy glue. Only have about 5K on them but their showing little wear at this point. Excellent in the rain and quiet on the road.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've got a question about speed ratings. I notice on sites like blackcircles that the recommended speed/load rating is V84. I've been looking at Uniroyal Rainsports, but they have a rating of Y88. Presumably this is better than V84 so i'll be fine fitting them?

61 - 80 of 108 Posts