MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
I've got the Hankooks on the front of the teg. They are great in the dry, and as said above predictable in the wet. They are very soft though, they were new when I bought the car and they are down to around 3mm already (around 5000 miles). That may be my driving though :lol:

I wouldn't buy them again, Falken FK452's is what I'd be going for mid range, or stretch to Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 2's, best tyre currently available and from my short experience with them they were spot on in all conditions. That's what I'll be going for come spring time.

·
Jap Scrap
2,227 Posts
They won't look chunky, even if you were lowered. For that look you need something with a minimum of 45 profile. The standard tyre size is 205/45/17, use that as a reference here: Tyre Size Calculator - Changing Tyres - Etyres That'll tell you how much bigger/smaller the tyres you are looking at will be.

The Falkens will be fine all year yes. I ran them through the really bad winter we had 2 years ago, the snow up here (Aberdeen) was stupidly deep in places and I didn't get stuck once. With you being quite far south I can't see any problem, obviously though winter tyres will be more suited for the conditions.

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
out of these 2 sizes what would you recommend then?
205/40/17 or 215/40/17

the standard 205 40 17 size
as i have checked and can get these fitted for 75 quid a corner
It all depends on what you are looking for, 215/40 will be a bit more comfortable and will corner better due to no stretch, its marginal but 205/40 looks good on a lowered Mini, yours is stock setup so I would probably advise 215/40

·
Flame grilled?
9,958 Posts
I had 215/45 Falkens all round, they were fine (all weathers) :thumbup1:

Wore the fronts out at Santa Pod & Brands so replaced them with 205/45 which also helped with the slight tyre rubbing that I was getting on the wheel arches (mines lowered a bit).

·
Learning!
5,803 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for, 215/40 will be a bit more comfortable and will corner better due to no stretch, its marginal but 205/40 looks good on a lowered Mini, yours is stock setup so I would probably advise 215/40
I don't think 205/40 fills the arches enough even when lowered George.
215/40 will be good IMO, 215/45 too much ??

·
Learning!
5,803 Posts
205/40 - no drop :lol::lol::lol:

Same tyre, bit of a drop, needs spacers and more drop, but do you not agree needs to be pffaatta??

·
Learning!
5,803 Posts
If the wheels had a more aggressive fitment and were wider and the car was a little lower it would look better, but running really low is not advisable if you want to retain some ride comfort an less driveshaft wobble.
This I know mate - will happen - I'm really talking about the Ø of the wheel with tyre in the arch

Guys guys guys....

So what do you suggest on the falken I want to fill the arches so what size do you recommend?? But still space for lowering in future...
215/40

41 - 60 of 108 Posts