MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have bought a set of tyres for your 2nd Gen MINI that you liked, and you would like to recommend that tyre to other Mini Torque members, then post up here and tell us all about it :).

It doesn't matter if it's a runflat tyre or a regular tyre ;), only that you liked them.

Just say what brand and model of tyre it is, and what size you bought it in. Then write a small description of what you liked about it.

Hopefully this thread will see a pattern emerge, of tyres that work well on a MINI :cool:.

·
I Like Turtles.
1,285 Posts
'Nankang NS2' Great if you want to go sideways, die and not be able to drive in the wet. Im not kidding , ive taken to driving my girlfriends car when the roads are wet now as driving in these is a disaster. Yes i know they are a summer tyre BUT you would have thought that they would have a reasonable quality in the wet , which is about 60% of the time here. I can barely go around roundabouts or corners in the wet without sliding or the the back going out..i dont drive like a nutter so its not that. I did some research and it appears loads of other people have a scary time driving with these tyres aswell;

NANKANG NS2??? - ScoobyNet

Nankang ns2 - Civinfo

Nankang NS-2 tyres...... 215/35/19 anyone had these? - uk-mkivs

Nankang NS2

And even been discussed on here in R53 section before;

Honestly Dave dont bother, they're truely awful tyres. I had these fitted to my TD's when I bought them, dry grip was average but wet was just bloody dangerous :scared:
I hope you like ditches :)

My Oz alloys came with these on and my advise to everyone is to lose them asap and if you are going to use them then tell your friends/family etc you love them before you go for a drive:thumbdown:

Now someone please tell me what the best tyres and profile are for fast road drving!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Falken 912 215/35/18

Won't say it's a great tire, but not bad at all. Above average both in dry and wet conditions. Haven't tried very wet as the car is a death trap in those conditions anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
876 Posts
My car came with a mix of Pirelli and Dunlop runflats in 205/45/17. Hate it when people do not even care what rubber they are putting on a car or if it matches so 1st step was to replace with SportContact3 SSR Continental runflats and this was an improvement.

I liked these so much that when I stuck on my Ultraleggera's I fitted non runflat SportContact3 but in 215/45/17. They are a good tyre and depending on price when it comes to replace them I would get again or try Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or the new 2011 version of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assimetric. It seems you have to go up to 215 profile to get the better tyres as they are less available or those that are available are more pricey in 205 profile.

·
Registered
241 Posts
My car came with Dunlop RF in 205/45/17 and they were horrible: no grip and made the ride a lot harsher. Then I tried the Toyo T1R in 215/40/17 and they are quite good, specially for their price but nothing fantastic although they were a big improvement over the runflats. And now I decide to try the Toyo R1R in 215/45/17 and they are in a different league over normal tyres. The grip is amazing even in wet but of course they seen they aren't going to last more than 10-12000km (the 4 set). My only complaint about them it that they are a bit nosier but a lot less than for example 888s. I also prefer 215/45 to 215/40 because they make the ride a lot softer but you need to choose one with a really hard shoulder to avoid "rolling" with such a big one.
My car came with a mix of Pirelli and Dunlop runflats in 205/45/17. Hat it when people do not even care what rubber they are putting on a car or if it matches so 1st step was to replace with SportContact3 SSR Continental unflats and this was an improvement.

I liked these so much that when I stuck on my Ultraleggera's I fitted non runflat SportContact3 but in 215/45/17. They are a good tyre and depending on price when it comes to replace them I would get again or try Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or the new 2011 version of the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assimetric. It seems you have to go up to 215 profile to get the better tyres as they are less available or those that are available are more pricey in 205 profile.
Don't try the Pilot Sport 3, it's a lot worse than the Pilot Sport 2 and even Michelin has had to put in his web "For sport-oriented vehicles and high-powered saloons" instead of "For vehicles with the highest performance" that says for the Pilot Sport 2. They are quite better in the wet but a lot worse in the dry and wear a lot less (half the distance). It's real same because the Pilot Sport 2 is such a good one :(

·
WhooperS
117 Posts
17" rimd Mini's in Turkey, equipped with Bridgestone Re050RF tyres which is using by most of the manifacturers all around the world.. After 20k miles still doing their job well .. I had been using Bridgestone Re001 on my R53 for 18months and 25k miles.. Only one word ! It sticks to the road if you warm it carefully .. I look forward to get Bridgestone's brand new s001 which replaced for Re050 ..

Reactions: Rapvinnie

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
1,614 Posts
Have any of you heard of Capitol Sport UHP tyres? Im looking at getting some new rims tomorrow and these are what come as standard. Of course i have the option to change tyres but at a higher cost.
ive had a search on google and find a few little reviews/opinions on them but nothing to help me decide.

M

·
0 Posts
Anyone running Kumho runflats ? I cannot get the ZZ3 FRs anywhere in the UK !

·
Registered
601 Posts
Didn't you rate the AD08's? PS. Good luck with 205/45R16.... you side skirts will not that you ;)
Speak English man...?? Lol

Yeah I do like them but see alot of rave reviews for the spec 2's and quite bit cheaper when I get all four...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts