MiniTorque.com banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Mod Donations Welcome....
117 Posts
What's the best sounding for here in the U.S.? Anyone know? I'm looking for something quiet when cruising, nice and loud when you punch it.

·
Mod Donations Welcome....
117 Posts
^And I prefer whine, not booming. Basically I'm looking for maximum SC whine+bangs and pops. (R53 of course)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well TBH I feel a bit let down with this racket.... 2 and a half months wait & £1300 later its sounds like this

Full supersprint exhaust

Supersprint Manifold
Supersprint DE-Cat
Supersprint non resonated center pipe
Supersprint Racing back boxes

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Hmm, I'm undecided, don't think it sounds bad.

However, it does sound VERY loud, but if you like that kind of thing, then fair enough!

Im guessing you weren't expecting it to be that loud or something?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was hoping for a good bit of noise from it, but it just sounds like it has a hole in the exhaust.
At half throttle it sounds ok and just normal every day driving is not bad, the pops and bangs sound good then.
Even once you get the revs up to around 3k and your holding a constant speed it is quiet you can just about hear it, its the minute push the throttle to the floor it then sounds shite :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any body heard of flowmaster exhausts? Think that mY be whats on my mcs. I can only find any such names on American website. Any ideas?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here's my custom 2.5" cat back system it's a two box system, I'm not that happy with it now that it's on i think it's too loud and I'm thinking of going back standard until I get a new miltek on.

https://youtu.be/-A9fmVy4mJ8

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
way to loud for me :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ye same here, and of course I sold my standard system, so now I have to go buy one again

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just paid £360 for a stainless cat back system from Hib Exhausts on Anglesey. I'm well chuffed - sportier tone than stock but not too loud or droning. If anyone's interested I can provide more details and a sound sample.
MiniCooperExhaust.jpg

81 - 100 of 103 Posts