MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I have just taken ownership of a sick R56 JCW! Since owning it for a week I've already been on a road trip to Wales with 2 GT4s, a Boxter Spyder, an S5 and an RS5 and as you can imagine in December when the weather is pretty shit the caymans couldn't put full power down so they voted the Mini best for the trip! I got a beer as a congratulations -_-

anyways since being on this trip I've had the idea to set the car up for fast road/track days, obviously I will be using it daily so don't want full race kor but something functional for both would be great so any ideas would be swell!

I once worked as an apprentice for BMW/MINI in Brighton and this very car came in for a PDI, the woman specs'd the car fully only thing missing I think was JCW buckets :Mads:but its got leather dash, chilli pack with nav, pano roof, lounge seats black w/red stitching HK sound system and loads of other bits. Anyways the car went out the woman lived down my road of all places so saw it all there time, then it would come in for servicing work blah blah, she then upgraded as soon as possible to the new F56 JCW so the car then came in as trade and came through the garage again for an AUC in which time I told my dearest marge that there was a f**king sick mini with a mad spec and she needed to take it for a test drive and buy it! she agreed unwillingly to look at the car but wasn't willing to part with over £20k so I managed to use my employee discount and got it for a steal, she owned it for a week ands then the dreaded ticking/knocking of the brilliant timing chain rattle began, the car had a used car warranty so it came back in and I actually did the timing chain rebuild and a few other bits all under warranty, the car came out all fresh. Mother kept it for a further 3 years, didn't really drive it she out 8,000 miles on it in that time and it mostly sat on the drive looking sorry for itself. She's now moved on to a smart car - go figure - for ease of parking so told me I could buy it for what it owes on finance - £10k - so I managed to snag a 2013 63 plate JCW for £10k with 30,000 miles :drool:

I've got a couple of small tasks out the way, taken out the rear seats, de wiper, got the stuff for dechroming and blah blah nothing really to report back on! I also have a 2018 Abarth 595 which has been sat on the drive and I've finally managed to sell it so haven't been splashing out on the mini because that big yellow doorstop is a lot every month. But since I've managed to secure a sale on it today ill be continuously dumping every penny I have into the mini to spite my mother oooooh I also had the centre section taken out which sounds awesome!

to do;
some sort of GP2 boot floor so I can't see the bottom of the metal tin which the mini is
new wheels and tyres still undecided
either BC or KW1 coils
new buckets because I was sliding all over the shop in Wales
steering wheel retrim but I've been quoted over £350 from LGT which makes my anus wince a little
and a remap in the new year!
mini_44495304420_o.jpg dsc04294_46239406502_o.jpg dsc04280_45566198464_o.jpg dsc04296_46239403812_o.jpg dsc04286_45566195314_o.jpg

·
Bugger
25,314 Posts
I thought insanely specced here was like ASTs, CAE, hybrid turbo, pole positions and a cage? :polish:
Or the happy meal to the bigmac of Coolerworx, BC's and a stage 3 manic and Corbeau Clubsports...

In that game I currently have a small chicken nugget meal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would say insane is overselling it a touch, and by a touch I mean a lot.

Also, look at your wheel gap.
I pride myself on my overselling abilities, have you never picked up girls in a club with "ill pay for this round"? gets them every time.

my wheel gap will be addressed I was looking for suggestions on the best way to go within reason, not really looking at spending over £1k on coils

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Two GT4s? I bet it was fun chasing them down.

And yes coilovers are a good idea on MT.
I was stuck to the yellow ones bumper most of the way through the twistys but he left me for dead once a long straight came up, mad experience, next trip is Scotland or Ireland I think!

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
fairly certain you can option none of those things from factory. my argument stands blahblahblahblahblah
I've got a gp2 diffuser inc under trays,
gp2 steering wheel and rear seat delete on my roadster :tongue_smilie:
All factory-ish options

Your argument is only with your self, no one impressed with that gap

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got a gp2 diffuser inc under trays,
gp2 steering wheel and rear seat delete on my roadster :tongue_smilie:
All factory-ish options

Your argument is only with your self, no one impressed with that gap
You cannot spec any of those things from factory, you may however be able to buy them through parts dept. after the fact but I've never ever seen a JCW of any kind come through with GP2 parts from factory.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts