MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 4381 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Made a start on blacking out the chrome..started with a test panel on the scoop. Looked really nice but really needs the vent removing to wrap the vinyl properly and the nuts underneath are just spinning so I've abandoned that one for the mo'. Had a bash at the beltline and am pretty pleased with the result. I just need to clean up the rubber trim propely and give the strip a bit of heat to relax the vinyl a bit and shrink back any slightly iffy bits (didn't have a hairdryer at the time). Picked gloss as I think it suits the car, next step the front 'lips'

didn't bother buying a belt line kit, just a couple of quids worth of vinyl from the 'bay

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Pulley kit has finally arrived, no thanks to a UPS driver who fancied an early finish on the Friday before the bank holiday weekend. Also ordered my AP's today. Parts bill is racking up. At this rate I'll be needing a new build thread title. Shelled out for some new air tools as well so the spannering will at least be a bit easier

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
After a bit of a struggle the rear coils are on
Before

During

After

I'll get the front done tomorrow if all goes to plan. If I'm going to stay that low at the back i think i'm going to need some adjustable arms though

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Forgot to update my thread on that one. Did it in situ. Took a couple of goes, but the chrome scoop is now history. I'll pop a photo up before I go to work tonight

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Coils finally fitted today after much head scratching, drilling, blowtorching and occasional bouts of bad language
got the rear camber pretty close using the built in adjusters

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It's a possibility. Not quite sure which way to take it as the total blackout look has been done to death. I've got some black vinyl spare so I think initially I'll do the 'lips' and belt line and see how it looks

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I think rims will be a while off, well until I can pay off the credit card bill a bit anyway. Next step is the Kavs pulley kit I've got sitting in my garage. Still trying to hobo a puller from somewhere, but its looking increasingly like I'll have to stump up for one (then resell it afterwards)

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Err, sorry MLJ. Got a good as new pair of aero grilles off eBay for £40 delivered. Result! I thought they'd be a piece of piss to fit as they'd been on a car (for a couple of days). What could go wrong? ...... The lower couldn't have been fitted as it was un-modified. Good job I've got a die grinder lol. Anyhow here's how it's ended up ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372712859.739585.jpg I could get it more flush by taking some material off the bumper, but I can't be arsed

41 - 60 of 4381 Posts