MiniTorque.com banner

4521 - 4540 of 4545 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
knowing it's getting equally distributed into each cylinder I guess being the consideration, I haven't looked in detail to see where he'd been letting it in,
I’d like to see someone do this and see what power gains could be had from this on a supercharged setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,522
I really don't there are any gains to be had. There's that much volume of charge air going in that the vapour is going to be really well mixed with the normal single nozzle setup

·
Registered
114 Posts
I really don't there are any gains to be had. There's that much volume of charge air going in that the vapour is going to be really well mixed with the normal single nozzle setup
What I’m getting at is more the fact of getting the meth system incorporated into the map rather than just for bringing IAT down

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’d like to see someone do this and see what power gains could be had from this on a supercharged setup.

Was considering doing this, but decided to fit dual nozzle setup instead. 1 nozzle pre intercooler (hot side) and 1 nozzle post intercooler (cold side) the bonus with w/m kit is it will make the same power all day long with zero heat soak(well as long as there is meth in the tank obv)

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,526
Washed the car today, second time this year. Yay me!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Just needs some trim restorer on it now I'd crack open another beer before doing so mind!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,531
Just needs some trim restorer on it now I'd crack open another beer before doing so mind!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
All in hand my good chap. I may even be bringing out my own 'miracle trim sauce' over the coming weeks

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,533
You see whats happened now though. I wash my car and we end up with constant rain

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,536
Not often I pay someone to do a job on my car

Nothing serious. Just having the tyres reseated and the valves replaced. Slow punctures are a right pain

·
Registered
20 Posts
Random question, you mentioned trying some replacement bushes for the gear linkage cables from the 'states a couple of years ago, did they help at all?

Amazing car by the way, i feel like I've read a book over the last week or two seeing what you've done over the years!

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,538
Good gracious , thats a bit ago. I bought some clamp things that stop the ball joints popping off, is that what you mean? These are actually available as an oem part for the Cooper as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes those - i thought you bought the bushes as well but reading it again you were going to machine your own! Did it get rid of the play in the gearstick?
I've not seen the oem ones that's good to know :)

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,540
There's only a little bit of left to right play which I can live with. My issues are with the selector mechanism that bolts to the box. You can feel the wear when you wiggle it. To be honest I've not actually looked into buying a new one yet

4521 - 4540 of 4545 Posts