MiniTorque.com banner

4501 - 4520 of 4559 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,501
Itll also mean that if I pick flat blades they'll actually wipe everywhere and not miss the passenger side. I'm really pleased with this design. The vinyl just slips under the edge of the rubber and the trims. Now the top edge is mapped customers can have them any length or lower curve they like, cut outs, text etc

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,502
Not totally sure I want to get rid of it, but would anyone be interested in my meth kit if I put it up for sale? (AEM V2 30-3305)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
W/M kit One of the Best mods I have. For one of r53 or To r56 Ryan?

Lähetetty minun EML-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,507
Started to uninstall the WM yesterday

Needed all four wheels in the air which is always a chore. All being well I'll get stuck into the electronics tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
what are you using instead?

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
sorry, meant w/m 😂

neat though as always, will search it....

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,514
sorry, meant w/m

neat though as always, will search it....
Ohhhh, now I see. I'm just going without. The turbo setup runs so much cooler iat-wise that I don't feel I need anything other than the intercooler. Thats after three years of logging in all conditions

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
MadNick I got the kit I have from seemed quite adamant it was essential, maybe due to where he was perhaps? I probably would use it but might change to port injection as he was intending to. Never used w/m so am curious whether it's a pain to live with or not, and was reluctant to clutter up, or have to cut stuff in the interior of a road car to use it. I think he was around 360-380 with it on his but can't remember now really. So you had it on as a charged car first?

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,517
MadNick I got the kit I have from seemed quite adamant it was essential, maybe due to where he was perhaps? I probably would use it but might change to port injection as he was intending to. Never used w/m so am curious whether it's a pain to live with or not, and was reluctant to clutter up, or have to cut stuff in the interior of a road car to use it. I think he was around 360-380 with it on his but can't remember now really. So you had it on as a charged car first?
Yes, I originally bought it as an alternative to a bigger intercooler. My car ran 223.1hp with a 17% pulley, focus 380's a newman 250-400 and a jcw210 flash. I only ever armed the system if I was going to give it some beans, so a tank full lasted an age

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,518
I don't think there's any point in port injection on an R53 as the spray from a single jet is more than sufficient

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
knowing it's getting equally distributed into each cylinder I guess being the consideration, I haven't looked in detail to see where he'd been letting it in,

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,520
I think the only way to do that is to have 4 x egt probes. To be fair there's a lot of thought gone into the design of the stock intake to ensure charge air distribution is as even as possible

4501 - 4520 of 4559 Posts