MiniTorque.com banner

4481 - 4500 of 4506 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I dont know why all of them dont drop at the sides, its not a good look imo and straight ones like yours look so much better.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,483
It's all down to cost. A cheapo universal sunstrip is just a parallel strip of vinyl. Thats fine for cars with a flat(ish) screen but the mini has a significant curve to it. To get it looking right the strip is more of a banana shape and it uses up twice as much vinyl. Any lettering or graphics need to be warped to look correct as well

·
Bugger
25,313 Posts
I’ve still got chrome on the beltline. And Cotswold Run stickers from back in the day. Does that help?
bugger me, I did a few Cotswolds runs when I first joined mini2, the last one I did was probably in 2004 ish.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Totally, me too. I think I'll still end up doing a subtle arched version as well, for those that like that kinda thing
Mine was cut to curve from a roll of Hexis vinyl, I prefer the curve, I guess it’s just preference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
This car is simply incredible, the whole thread is taking some time to get through!

Absolutely fantastic job, particularly that you've self built it too, love it.

Look forward to seeing it in the metal one day.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,490
Design work is now complete for the basic sun strip

And the first couple of samples have been cut ready for trial fitting. Totally impossible to fit it all in the pic, but you get the idea

·
That's you, that is.
298 Posts
bugger me, I did a few Cotswolds runs when I first joined mini2, the last one I did was probably in 2004 ish.
2004 was Cotswolds 2 - the first one I did! Fun day out by all accounts, though I forget if it was that year or the year after that some poor sod in a Cooper totalled their engine going through what became known as “the ford of death”

·
Bugger
25,313 Posts
2004 was Cotswolds 2 - the first one I did! Fun day out by all accounts, though I forget if it was that year or the year after that some poor sod in a Cooper totalled their engine going through what became known as “the ford of death”
happened on a few events, a couple of coopers from SCNM died on a fords run.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,495 (Edited)
New product time
Scannable Instagram tags! Originally done as a one off for a customer but now available for everyone. Full range of colours available and all tested before dispatch

Measuring 75mm square (you can have bigger if you like) £4.95 For two including first class postage
Here's one I made earlier for funzies

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
I was there, behind Hickster who hydrolocked his engine, waited for the tow truck then hot footed it back to the hotel at mach1

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,499
Another day, another new product launch. This time a perfect fit sun strip. Absolutely no trimming required as it's designed and cut specifically for the first gen mini. I've never fitted anything like this before but I got this result by myself in about five minutes using some soapy water and a squeegee.

Saying I'm quite chuffed with myself is an understatement. Now I need some shorter wipers

4481 - 4500 of 4506 Posts