MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 4506 Posts

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
I'm going to be asking 1320 to do the pulley kit for me. Coils i'll be fitting myself but still undecided as to what to go for. I know AP's are the popular choice but fk highsports can be had much cheaper (£368 direct from FK) and nobody seems to have anything bad to say about them elsewhere. I can only find a couple of references to them on here using the search function and they weren't much help
FK's will knock

APs don't. Orranje will do you a great deal on them for not a lot more on the FKs you'll wish you never fitted.

I ran FK Konigsports on my VR6 with no issues at all, but they just haven't got the Mini coils right.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I pm'd Rich a while back and got a good price off him, but the FK's were still quite a bit cheaper. I wasn't sure if they'd be worth a shot, it Seems strange how they are ok for everything but mini's. Has anyone on here tried them, or are they 'guilty by association' with AK Street's? Just asking by the way, decision made for AP's

·
Registered
913 Posts
I pm'd Rich a while back and got a good price off him, but the FK's were still quite a bit cheaper. I wasn't sure if they'd be worth a shot, it Seems strange how they are ok for everything but mini's. Has anyone on here tried them, or are they 'guilty by association' with AK Street's? Just asking by the way, decision made for AP's
Don't be so Hobo on the coils, be better to save up some cash & get a decent set second hand than a shit set brand new.

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
This is what happens when you veer away from MT's tried and tested.. http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f715/warning-all-mt-members-king-james-do-not-buy-him-33913/

I've been running APs for nearly 18 months now, they're so comfortable and eat up the bumps in the roads fantastically well - for me, and many others, they are the absolute cheapest you can get away with if you want lows with no hassle.

If you want a bit more handling for your money, then you really need to be looking at KW V2s or Meisters.

Depending on the events of the next month or so, my APs may be on the market.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Comfy and low is good enough for me as I rarely horse it in anything other than a straight line. I hear what you're saying about straying away from the path and like I said earlier will be going for AP's

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thought i'd give the carbon wrap a go today. Measured up and I've got enough for both outer windscreen pillar trims and the bonnet scoop (which should be a challenge), plus a couple of A4 sheets worth left over. Not bad for £5.69 including postage. It's been blowing a gale round our way today so I thought i'd just try a test bit till the weather calms down a bit should look pretty smart when both sides are full done

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thought i'd give the carbon wrap a go today. Measured up and I've got enough for both outer windscreen pillar trims and the bonnet scoop (which should be a challenge), plus a couple of A4 sheets worth left over. Not bad for £5.69 including postage. It's been blowing a gale round our way today so I thought i'd just try a test bit till the weather calms down a bit should look pretty smart when both sides are full done
Please stop...

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I suppose it is a bit of a focal area. I must cover the scoop though, at least till I can find an alternative. It nearly put me off the car when I bought it, and i'm tired of the maxi-chrome look

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Get this and paint it...

Look at this on eBay:

Bmw Mini R50 R52 R53 2002 - 2006 Cooper S NEW bonnet air vent scoop BNIB

http://bit.ly/Yt1XSs

Sell the Chrome one and it's cost you fuck all and you haven't made it look worse.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My R53 had more chrome than yours when I bought it. It was like the Tron mobile. The scoop, mirror caps, boot handle, front grille and beltline were all chrome, it looked wank but I had the scoop, mirror caps and the boot handle sprayed for £60. Do it!

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Get this and paint it...

Look at this on eBay:

Bmw Mini R50 R52 R53 2002 - 2006 Cooper S NEW bonnet air vent scoop BNIB

http://bit.ly/Yt1XSs

Sell the Chrome one and it's cost you fuck all and you haven't made it look worse.
Seen these and considered it but thought i'd have a go at a wrap (in the short term at least). I've got spray gear but not enough spare time. Ideally i'd like an M7 Vortex but that's a way down the shopping list

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
You've got the stuff and you're doing it to a chrome scoop so fair enough but on the exterior it's either real CF or no CF (I say this but I have ordered fake CF "S" stickers for the side scuttles to see what it looks like!). Lol.

21 - 40 of 4506 Posts