MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 4372 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has finally arrived when I spend some cash on the Hobo Express. Dropped the car off at Advanced Automotive Systems at half seven this morning to get a custom cat-back fitted after a week of night shifts. Now I've got to keep myself awake and entertained till its done.

After the exhaust is done I'm undecided which to do next, pulley kit or coilovers. I suppose it'll depend on what deals can be struck at the time

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Seems really odd to cross shop coilovers and a pulley. I thought they were worlds apart as far as price was concerned.

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My original exhaust was fucked within days of collecting the car from the dealers. After much debate between the garage and the finance company it was decided that the finance people would pay the cost of replacing the knackered box. Just doing this seemed a bit pointless so I offered to pay the difference between the cost of the box and the cost of a full cat back. Basically I got a stainless cat back system with a lifetime warranty for £170 all in. I went for custom after much head scratching as I could get what I wanted looks and sound wise. The guys who are doing the work have an excellent rep' as well

As for pulley or coils, its pulley straight away or coils in a month or so unless some ap's or similar come up second hand. I should have explained myself better

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new exhaust pops and crackles like a good-un. I did a before vid yesterday, i'll do an aftervid tomorrow and add them both to the thread so you can hear the comparison. It sounds awesome

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Posted an incar vid of the Hobo Hybrid induction whine earlier. Just trimming the before and after vids of the exhaust and I'll post them as soon as poss. Bit of a pain though as windows movie maker keeps crashing so I'm having to do it all from my iphone.
Had some carbon vinyl delivered yesterday so expect to see some of this sometime soon

It looks excellent when the sun hits it

·
Premium Member
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to be asking 1320 to do the pulley kit for me. Coils i'll be fitting myself but still undecided as to what to go for. I know AP's are the popular choice but fk highsports can be had much cheaper (£368 direct from FK) and nobody seems to have anything bad to say about them elsewhere. I can only find a couple of references to them on here using the search function and they weren't much help

1 - 20 of 4372 Posts