MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Been a while since I was last on here!
Not sure how many of the old lot are still about, but anyway I'm back & I've just got hold of another R53, I sold mine about 4 years ago & ever since regretted it massively.
Came across this, as a "project", it has electrical gremlins, so it should keep me occupied whilst I've got all this free time on my hands with the lock down & all that.

So, its completely standard, 91K on the clock, lots of service history, actually very tidy except for a stone chip on the bonnet , oddly enough my old one had the exact chip on... must be a sign.
Lots of plans, lots of de-chroming & lots of lows...that goes without saying, & lots more, but before I get too excited I need to sort this electrical issue.

So, the previous owner has informed me that the issue started when the speedo & dash died then a week later the car wouldn't start at all, if you bridge the start motor it will turn over but won't start, apparently a garage has taken a look but they have said it could be something to do with the CAN Bus, but that was as far as it got.
So watch this space I guess!

Here's my old'un ...

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
I saw that car on ebay and considered getting it but prefer cars with engine issues as I take them all apart regardless,

Let's hope it isn't too traumatic resolving it.

Reactions: HLG

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well good news, I've got the car running, just need to sort the speedo, rev counter & other bits electrically that aren't working inside.
Also, started to de-chrome, starting to look less offensive...slowly :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw that car on ebay and considered getting it but prefer cars with engine issues as I take them all apart regardless,

Let's hope it isn't too traumatic resolving it.
Think we've both seen the same car Sean! 🤣 The fleabay one with half the dash ripped out? :unsure:

Well good news, I've got the car running, just need to sort the speedo, rev counter & other bits electrically that aren't working inside.
Also, started to de-chrome, starting to look less offensive...slowly :ROFLMAO:
What was the problem?

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
277 Posts
Late facelift always a good base for a project....who ever had the car previously evidently did like a drop of chrome hey 🤣 (y) looks very decent otherwise!

Glad all the electrical issues are sorted and look forward to seeing progress

1 - 7 of 7 Posts