MiniTorque.com banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
It was 0c and crispy cold this morning. Should switch back to winters. Apparently it was a short season.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
There's a bloke on the other forum with a 997.1 Turbo by 9e. Although they're not for me, he likes the VMAX events:

"I always run circa 20-30 back to back 0-200mph-0 runs with a break for lunch in between. Will be attending 4 VMAX events this year so she'll do over one hundred 0-200-0 run again this year all on a completely stock engine and gearbox - incredibly rugged cars. No substitute for Porsche/9e we just turn up drive, beat most things this side of £300k and then drive home. Totally plug and play ."

I wish this were true of the R53 and my NA 9972: I'm trailering it to my indy today as there's an issue - the engine will start and run but if you rev it, it just stalls which makes it undrivable. I currently suspect it is the HPFP (the one already replaced under warranty before my time). hey ho.

In retrospect, you might not go too far wrong with a Mezger engined car, a 3.6 twin turbo 6MT maybe...

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
All fixed, finally diagnosed as a dirty throttle body, now I just need to go and get it back ... just in time for my summer holidays!

If nothing else, I'll take myself on daily drives, just blatting around the countryside.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts