MiniTorque.com banner

401 - 420 of 436 Posts

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Ah, JKo, you and your Baguette Extremes. I've already got a rear-engined car.

The Suzuki is a left field choice, especially in right hand drive. I suspect that I might not fit behind that rather odd steering wheel. Keep 'em coming.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
MIcke, I learned to drive in one of those. No interest at all in going back to an 80s tank.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
A little bit of business and some maintenance happened. And Micke's new knob looks the business.

·
Hobo Member
377 Posts
Worth mentioning is that 80 % of the time was used for talking crap and 20% for actual work on the Mini.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Drinking coffee, enjoying the sunshine, looking at parts, admiring the garage, removing spacers ... I didn't cop much of a feel of your new knob though Micke even if it looks good. That was an oversight on my part.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Trying to stay on top of the maintenance: I've cleaned the interior, including the leather parts of the seats (it all smells better), topped up the oil (looks like a leaking valve cover gasket), topped up the power steering fluid, washed the engine bay, and touched up 'some' stone chips. Both doors are growing rust on the leading edge lower corners, and rust is bubbling up under the rear lights and boot handle. Bugger old cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Surprising how much oil can escape from the valve cover gasket. It really stinks when it gets on the hot exhaust!

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Quite
fire hazard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
Quite a fire hazard that’s supposed to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tcbw

·
Hobo Member
377 Posts
Drinking coffee, enjoying the sunshine, looking at parts, admiring the garage, removing spacers ... I didn't cop much of a feel of your new knob though Micke even if it looks good. That was an oversight on my part.
Maybe soon you'll have another chance? :cool:

Trying to stay on top of the maintenance: I've cleaned the interior, including the leather parts of the seats (it all smells better), topped up the oil (looks like a leaking valve cover gasket), topped up the power steering fluid, washed the engine bay, and touched up 'some' stone chips. Both doors are growing rust on the leading edge lower corners, and rust is bubbling up under the rear lights and boot handle. Bugger old cars.
Some few more items on the to-do list and it'll be ready for the summer. And I see a road trip for 2021 to get the rest of things sorted out :D

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Micke, it would be nice to install the Sparco for the track as well, but that's no biggie.

And I'm more than ready for a road trip in 21.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
I'm looking froward to getting BRB back as soon as the mrs gets her GTI back with 4x new pistons (next week maybe?).

I can then switch to summer mode (Sparco, Federals) for the track day on the 7th June.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Micke and DoubleP swung by for a some valuable 'carage time', a sauna, some BBQ ribs and some very sensible drinking: becausetrackday on Saturday.

We managed to fit the Whiteline rARB to Micke's machine in a couple of hours (not too bad), and we fitted a new coolant expansion tank (just in time from Amazon.de) and a power steering fluid tank sealing ring to my car, as well as the Sparco seat; just in time for the first trackday of the season on Sunday with the BTCF at Alastaro.

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Is there any experience on the forum of the e45 master cylinder conversion? I needed to brake far too early at Alastaro, and I don't want to spend a shitload on new discs and pads if I'm still not going to stop.

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
fwiw I only had a slightly longer pedal on R56S front brakes, really not buy much, when I fitted the Brembo 6 pots the pedal came back, so personally I don't think messing with the cylinder is necessary at all.

Reactions: Astroboy

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
My pedal has been good, but now - despite much bleeding - it's gone soft, so I'm wondering what the problem is (assuming it's not just worn discs). I suppose I'll need to replace the discs and pads anyway...

·
Premium Member
5,063 Posts
can be a mix of worn pads and/or discs, if the pads are worn you could try and wind the pistons back (or push) and chock any remaining gap, with pistons back this will reduce likelihood of trapped air, and of course a computer bleed helps, likewise if all new linings are fitted sometimes I takes use for the pedal to come, also check the rear slides aren't binding (corrosion crush) perhaps, or the cables/links holding off the stops....

Reactions: tcbw
401 - 420 of 436 Posts