MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Little update..

Bought some powerflex rear trailing arm bushes. Will get round to doing the rest of the car as I go.. I just know these ones are a bit of a pig to do.

Car had to sit like this for a week or so whilst I "overnight parts from Japan (oxford)" because I broke something.. we wont go into details. ;)

With regards to an improvement, I haven't really noticed anything from the bushes alone as I upgraded the bushes and got the new tyres on within a few days of each other so combined, a huge difference.
It needs the geometry setting up properly now aswell, so will get that booked in somewhere soon.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Bum note... not overly happy with how the BC's have held up. Been really impressed with them on the road etc and would recommend them. However, they have rusted and seized really bad after only 1 year on the car and 8k miles.
I applied some grease to the threads before fitting etc, clearly not enough, but even the spring has started to rust.
I'm really not to moan but I just think that's a bit poor for a £900 coilover.

So I stripped them right down and re-greased everything, they're silky smooth now.

I also switched the top mount over from the BC part to the standard MINI top mount on the rear as they knock a lot. 'Characteristic' of the strut say BC.. but I couldn't handle it any more.

Few pictures from the graffiti tunnel in London!!

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Not much in terms of an update recently... just been enjoying the car! Got a few bits ordered up so will have some updates soon!

Managed to get on track at Players Classic a few weeks back, wasn't prepared for it at all as I didn't know about it until the night before! (Friends car broke so I bought his pass off him)
Great little track, first time out there and first time out on the AD08's. Really impressed with how they held up!

Would like to get booked on the MT Goodwood track day in November should to opportunity arise.

Couple pictures to keep things interesting! No video footage unfortunately

Good friend of mine is a photographer for Rollhard which is always useful as he knows where to point a camera and more importantly, how to use one :lol:

I guess the only real update here is that I have my Coolerworx shifter on order from the group buy currently going on.
Whilst I am waiting for it to arrive I have modified my centre console and re located the buttons..

I'll be fitting the shifter and modifying the rest of the centre console myself as I'm an ex BMW/MINI tech, if its a nice job I would be willing to do others for them too. Although I will let you know how well it goes..ha
Pictures to follow of course once it arrives.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I didn't even get a response for track time at Players haha
Haha.. I did actually get accepted, then when I followed the link to buy my pass they was sold out already!
I think they must get so many applications they just approve a load and let it be first come first serve!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did the change to OEM top mounts solve the knocking issue on the rear coil overs?

I’m asking because I plan to buy same coil overs and I want to be prepared for unexpected noises. :)

101 - 109 of 109 Posts