MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I remember this guy running a decat and challenge system

Personally not my cup of tea as it sounds a bit harsh but that's what makes it cool that we all have different cars I guess
https://instagram.com/p/BE_AH2ZQhkf/

I believe that is decat and straight through to challenge back box

Thanks for Linking them.. they both seem to sound slightly different. Sometimes quite hard to pick up exhaust tone etc on video.

I think I'm going to go for it anyway.. then if I don't like I can always get a centre silencer added. Which I will probably need for track anyway. y!

Once its done I will get a couple of Videos up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
So my Diffuser arrived.. Had nothing planned on my day off so got that on!

I do like new car parts I must admit..

Nice and simple to fit.. Took all of 45minutes. I've heard of people having some issues getting these on. Just got to de wiper it and I'll be happy with the back end!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Not much in terms of an update recently.. Been busy enjoying the car too much if i'm honest.

Didn't manage to make it to MITP unfortunately as I was working, was hoping to get a few runs laid down and loose my MITP virginity. Next year..

Had a new clutch fitted under warranty (wink wink nudge nudge) Perks of the job I guess..

Not much has changed, still need to get the challenge exhaust on. Was hoping to hear Joseph's on his GTX build at TRAX over the weekend but didn't catch him on track, still not sure whether to go for a silencer or not. Probably best for track use with noise limits etc.

Have some pictures to keep you all interested until more updates come:

I was caught driving past a local meet having a little tear up with a new S3, pretty good shots considering they were unexpected

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Lovely looking R56. I'd love one but the engines are just so off putting
Cheers dude... tbh the N14's aren't the best. Timing chain issues and we've seen a few kill a piston or two. N18's are a much better engine.
BMW ironed out all the issues from the N14.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Booked up a track session at Snetterton with a few mates earlier in September. First time out on track in MINI.
Car held up really well and really impressed with it. Nice to find out what needs to upgraded next after a battering round track and that would be the brakes and a decent seat to sit in.

I think the braking issue was more the fluid boiling, however I need to replace the pads etc soon anyway so its a good excuse to go all out!

New seats are needed, I was slipping and sliding all about the place.haha Hopefully get something ordered up in November in terms of seats.

Couple of pictures ofcourse...

**Wanring - Cheap skate - Didn't buy the professional pictures** haha

Picture of everyone at the end of the day!

Checked the tyres over the next morning and they seem to have had a good time too!..

After this day I cant wait to get back on track, hoping to sign up for the MINITorque day in December but I now need a new clutch too. I did about 800miles on the new clutch after that was fitted before I started putting my toe down. The trackday was after roughly 1500miles so it should have been bed in well enough. Just think its running too much power and torque for a standard clutch kit.

So exploring my options at the moment to find the best clutch and flywheel combo. Any recommendations/advice are welcome!
Thanks

61 - 80 of 109 Posts