MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice evening here in North Florida.. mid 70* ( 23-25C) and being a sat night, it was time for this OLD man to spank some Ricers.. and Mustangs!!

Bottle is full.. Plugs are changed..fresh oil .. I am OFF to the 'engagements'!

Getting to the place of the meeting, I am buzzing on the interstate at 85-90 MPH, and I look at the gages.. WTF!! Pegged out on HOT!!

Yep.. the t-stat didnt open, and I over heated!! I mean boiling the oil hot!! Well, because I didnt do the little things... like change the coolant and the thermostat like I should have ( 06 with 44000 Miles), now I am back in the garage with oil in the water and a bad head gasket... not to mention the T-Stat!!

Nothing in the oil.. the plugs are good, compression went to shit from the heat. SOOoo... I am going to up grade my TPR2 to the 2r sooner than I thought.. and check the rest of the engine..

KEEP UP on the maintenance!! It will catch you and bite you on the ASS!!
Just me.................................

Thumper

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
oops - its frustrating when you know the maintenance is easy and there have been numerous failures -bet there was that "oh fuck" moment when you saw the needle maxxed out

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
the real question always remains..................

WHY ARE YOU STILL STREET RACING LIKE A LITTLE KID?

Grow up and take it to the track before you kill someone...................

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yea gages only work if you look at them. Wondering if anyone makes some led's, as something like they use for a shift indicator, so the lights are right in your face....green..then yellow....then red....then maybe even a flashing red....when you need to shut it down like RIGHT NOW! Just a thought?

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
^^I was going to order a load of them but after reading around people suggested they had no accuracy whatsoever, how you finding them?

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Fantastic. Perfectly good, good teperature and pressure readings, light during the day, amber light at night is perfect.

Not had an issue with them at all! Very quick to react as well. Probably find that the problems people have had with them is from mounting the sensors in the wrong place.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
the real question always remains..................

WHY ARE YOU STILL STREET RACING LIKE A LITTLE KID?

Grow up and take it to the track before you kill someone...................
Meh. I love a good traffic light GP, me. No one said you can't race up to the limit... and then there's the twisties. If there's a single person on here that can hand on heart say they haven't had a run with another driver through a back-road or off a set of lights, I'd be VERY surprised. In fact, I'd hasten to add your tuning market would be a hell of a lot smaller if they didn't. In a roundabout way, you're practically encouraging it... ;)

Half the time it's why I like using the MINI. No one ever tries it on when I'm in the Z...

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL.. Jan knows that... he is just being Jan. Nothing to add but BS!! most would expect nothing less!! lol

Thumper

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
we all know damn well thumper that is NOT what you are doing..............I expected a stupid answer and you provided as usual......
killing yourself being stupid is one thing...........killing others while you being stupid is another

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we all know damn well thumper that is NOT what you are doing..............I expected a stupid answer and you provided as usual......
killing yourself being stupid is one thing...........killing others while you being stupid is another
LOL... sure you such an idiot!! What others ?? Grand stand?? Nope! Spectators beside the road, esp in the turns?? Nope!! Spectators in on a blind hill?? Nope!! Co- pilot ?? Nope!! Other driver in the other car?? Nope!!

Get off this righteous shit you are trying to portray here..LOL IF I said it was daylight, you would be bitching that it wasnt, even though you have to wear a hat and sun glasses!! LOL we all know what you are about...LOL

Just me..............

Thumper

PS: this post is about Doing the Maintenance..

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
LOL... sure you such an idiot!! What others ?? Grand stand?? Nope! Spectators beside the road, esp in the turns?? Nope!! Spectators in on a blind hill?? Nope!! Co- pilot ?? Nope!! Other driver in the other car?? Nope!!

Get off this righteous shit you are trying to portray here..LOL IF I said it was daylight, you would be bitching that it wasnt, even though you have to wear a hat and sun glasses!! LOL we all know what you are about...LOL

Just me..............

Thumper

PS: this post is about Doing the Maintenance..
yet you run your phucking mouth about racing..........go figure...............

so since you have such a fucking itch to go racing why don't you and me meet at Sebring and go a few laps?

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OMG... WTF!! we back on that again...LOL EVERYONE can check the history and past threads here on this site ( and a few other sites) Jan is challenging races again!! LOL I waited a full year for his challenge to appear?? Nothing!! Also HE has challenged a bazillion OTHER people all over .. and NOTHING!! LOL what a Wanker!

Now.. back to the maintenance issue....

Just me....................

Thumper

PS He CAN'T even drive his car... lol

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Why does he need to when he has such an epic driver?

Just to add on this, theres having a little fun off the lights, although can still be chsrged with racing even if it is up to the limit in the UK. Just for reference.

I think Jan was more talking about going to organised street races which IMO is pretty chavvy even in the UK. Go somewhere proper and do it where there are run offs, a first aid team and fire equipment.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
OMG... WTF!! we back on that again...LOL EVERYONE can check the history and past threads here on this site ( and a few other sites) Jan is challenging races again!! LOL I waited a full year for his challenge to appear?? Nothing!! Also HE has challenged a bazillion OTHER people all over .. and NOTHING!! LOL what a Wanker!

Now.. back to the maintenance issue....

Just me....................

Thumper

PS He CAN'T even drive his car... lol

Really......? I still have gone faster around the course in my car ............
I have never driven sebring but will be glad to go against you...........

what's going to be your excuse now?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts