MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Cades Aero replica grilles but since buying my new Aero bumper with Aero grilles already fitted, the cades bonnet grille has made me realise I have a terrible case of OCD, as the honeycomb is slightly bigger than the bumper Aero grille which is slowly killing me ::getcoat:: Also it's gloss as opposed to the matte aero grille so doesn't match (shouldn't be an issue for most people I assume haha).

If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, this is what I mean

IMG_9205.jpg

I got the two (bumper section as well, which is still on my Cooper bumper) about 18 months ago and paid about £80 which was the same as the Aero ones. It's in mint condition.

If anyone has an Aero bonnet grille who would like to swap for my Cades grille let me know.

I could dig out the bumper section too if it did a deal.

·
MCS DS 06
1,704 Posts
I think it's a question of "Marmite" with the cades grille. Luv or hate no in between.
Personaly I really like the shiny finish on the cades especially on a nice shiny car. Fit your lower part and see what you think.
Oh yeah and kill the spots!!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
just buy one from the dealers and ebay yours
who is going to want to swap and end up with non matching ones like you?

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just buy one from the dealers and ebay yours
who is going to want to swap and end up with non matching ones like you?
I did think the same thing which is why I decided to throw in the bottom bumper section too so a new owner would have them matching. So basically, I'm offering a bonnet grille in exchange for bonnet and bumper matching grilles.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's a question of "Marmite" with the cades grille. Luv or hate no in between.
Personaly I really like the shiny finish on the cades especially on a nice shiny car. Fit your lower part and see what you think.
Oh yeah and kill the spots!!
Haha, funny you say that, I just read something on the cades grille where someone said they don't mind it at all, have no preference over the cades and Aero. I'm not fitting the lower part as the Aero bumper already came with the the aero grilles so 2 out of the 3 are matte so thought I would just change the bonnet (gloss one).

If you like it, would you be interested in buying it? Matching cades bonnet and bumper section?

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In all seriousness eViL, I always dismiss the idea of a BRG R53 but every time I see your car it plays with my mind as it just looks so good. :confused1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts