MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Decided to sack off my mini project due to taking too long and being offered a caterham 620r to race.

My parts are either new in box. Or just been fitted and used for 3 warm up laps of knockhill before engine overheated. So 20 miles max maybe.

Grab some great parts. I will basically be selling the parts for about 20% off the new price as they are all new! Some will be cheaper.

Here we go

ohlins road and track with adjustable vorshlag top mounts. The best money can buy £400 on their own. *SOLD*

70k mileage Geabox with quaife diff and new fancy oil - £600

Tvs full kit with smallest pulley they do brand new sealed in box - £3100

Airtec top mount - *SOLD*

Vibra teckniks full mounts, engine and gearbox road version as race is ridiculous. - £400

Hotchkiss rear race bar cost £320 - *SOLD*

Oz algeritta wheels in stunning silver with r888r tyres. Only done about 20 miles - £1200 (1800 new with tyres)

328mm Brembo 2 piece floating big brake kit in red that was over £2598 new. See lohen website - £2000

Full miltek resonated exhaust - SOLD

Zircotec ceramic coated janspeed with de-cat cost £700 with cost. - £500

Brand new never been out the box ati 2% super pulley cost £370 - SOLD

Cae full shifter kit with gunmetal knob cost £745 - *SOLD*

Ttv lightened flywheel cost £360 - £300

helix autosport paddle clutch kit cost £470 - £370

My number is 07595341949 if anyone would like to call or text.

There maybe more but that’s all I can remember just now lol

Regards

Steve

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
17” wheels sorry. Same as standard.

No problem at all Strell. Hope you enjoy! Awesome but of kit!

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
How much is the dead car, with the engine as is?

What caused the overheat?

You were last taking it to Dankan was it or something?

Still can't believe you're bailing on it just for an overheat. You don't need to upgrade the cooling system, if someone told you that they're wrong or trying to flog you something, I for one still use stock hoses and clips, rad, all of it less the rear pipes only due to the oil cooler and with an excess of 270hp 7.6k+rpm, stock and race gearsets and extended track sessions of up to 50 minutes in a trimmed road car bar seats, and other owners also retain the stock rad when on track including racing, so yours should be just as able if it's got good parts and assuming it's built right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE_qX97uhZ4

I don't think they're that much of a slow car, they just need a bit more liberating from them. These bottom ends are taking over 450hp and serious torque with turbo conversions needing only uprated clutches and driveshafts (which I'm having made in the UK although RMW have some). It seems a shame to quit and miss out on what could be a great toy.

I could use the TVS in here rather than a turbo kit..... always at the wrong f'ing time haha, could use the wheels too...
s-l1600[2].jpg

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We aren’t sure what caused overheating. I love the minis but just too much hassle. Only got 3 laps in a warm up session and overheated and we couldn’t stop it. So missed practice session, qualifying and final. Whole day wasted. Then I got offered the caterham. Ready to race in different series. More what I’m used to. Big power rwd. And it’s very un-stressed.

The car will be put back to standard and sold as it’s a cracking low mileage car and looks awesome. Full leather and sat nav etc.

I hope you guys get good out of my parts.

Carsorbikes - I have the $20,000 dollar race package from rmw coming if you fancy that! Ready to drop in with everything custom :)

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
Soooooooo tempted by the Ohlins
I’m assuming the top mounts are R53 specific?
Cheers
J
Id have eaten them up if I hadn’t just bought a house, that’s like 1k less than new, insane bargain for any R53

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
Problem for me is that I have an R56...
Sell the topmounts they are easily worth £300+ on their own. They are the best topmounts for the mini bar none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the top mounts are r53 specific. Will sell without as still have standard top mounts i will send.

Steve

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,521 Posts
So many tasty parts. I just ínstalled the Vorshlags at the weekend. They're nice and slim too and took out about 10mm of ride height from the front end. You do need to trim the strut tops to access the bolts if you want the full range (DoubleP's air-compressor powered dremel was excellent).

If only this thread had come earlier.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,688 Posts
So many tasty parts. I just ínstalled the Vorshlags at the weekend. They're nice and slim too and took out about 10mm of ride height from the front end.

If only this thread had come earlier.
Yep about 2014 would have been right for me, before I went all sensible for 18 months

1 - 20 of 42 Posts