MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fairly new to me R50 Hatchback gave me a shock today after a car wash when I discovered a couple of moats filled with water on either side of the front sunroof. I figure that's what the two drain holes in the rear hatch are for. My question to you is: does the water drain by centrifugal force when the car is driven? because the liquid I saw today did not seem to be going anywhere while the car was stationary. Or might the drain hoses be plugged up? If so, maybe I could pour some vinegar into the sunroof canals where the water seems to pool or shoot some compressed air into the drain holes in back?
I've had the car for six months now and haven't had any water leaking problems of any kind so far, but since I live in the tropics and we are precisely in the rain season, I want to make sure the inside stays nice and dry :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
My fairly new to me R50 Hatchback gave me a shock today after a car wash when I discovered a couple of moats filled with water on either side of the front sunroof. I figure that's what the two drain holes in the rear hatch are for. My question to you is: does the water drain by centrifugal force when the car is driven? because the liquid I saw today did not seem to be going anywhere while the car was stationary. Or might the drain hoses be plugged up? If so, maybe I could pour some vinegar into the sunroof canals where the water seems to pool or shoot some compressed air into the drain holes in back?
I've had the car for six months now and haven't had any water leaking problems of any kind so far, but since I live in the tropics and we are precisely in the rain season, I want to make sure the inside stays nice and dry :)
A lil suspension tweak to add some rake might do the trick.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
^ I like your thinking, but a bit out there on the modifying front!
There are four drains, one in each corner. A quick search on YouTube will show a how to locate/clear sunroof drains.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Yeah 4 holes. Give them all a good clean, hot water with some vinegar and baby sterilisation tablets will do the trick. If you can hit it will some compressed air first even better!

Make sure you give the rails and rubber a good scrub as well. As they get all the dirt and mold on them which Is part of what has likely blocked them in the first place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts