MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Don't know how accurate this is but a good reference none the less.

http://www.mini-madness.com/ProductImages/engine/Cylinder-head.jpg

Came across these on the net and thought it'd be a good idea to stick it in one place.

I can't vouch for the authenticity but looks to be a worthwhile difference if you are considering tuning a JCW car and you can get it reasonably priced.
Don't know how it can be a moot point really. The best heads flow more at high lift.
All the stats I've found seem to measure at 0.4 or 0.45. Your own TPR2 spec quotes a max lift of 0.41 int & 4 exh

Here's what I've found.. I've calculated the %age flow increase over stock from the numbers published to give some comparison..

JCW
Int 3.8% @ 0.4 Exh 4% @ 0.4

MiniMadness
Int 22% @ 0.4 Exh 33% @ 0.4

CNCHeads
Int 14.3% @ 0.45 Exh 36.5% @ 0.45

CHR Racing
Int 25.7% @ 0.45 Exh 34% @ 0.45

Sabre Heads
Int 11.4%, Exh 18%

MiniMania
Int 9% @ 0.4, Exh 25% @ 0.4

Can't find any stats for a Thumper head though. Can you share?
Waiting on RMW and Thumper stats - eViL

·
Experience vs Money!
1,583 Posts
It is good as far as testing the MM head vs the Cos head and the JCW. It does show a lot of good info.

Thumper

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Do they still make the Cosworth head?
no........

our exhaust flow before the extra work we do now flowed 188cfm on the bench....... to compare so you get the same type of numbers a stock one made 106cfm

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics of JCW head vs Stock

Came across these on the net and thought it'd be a good idea to stick it in one place.

I can't vouch for the authenticity but looks to be a worthwhile difference if you are considering tuning a JCW car and you can get it reasonably priced.

·
MT's Naughty Boy
6,852 Posts
It is good as far as testing the MM head vs the Cos head and the JCW. It does show a lot of good info.

Thumper
Mike, have you got the inlet and exhaust flow data for a TPR-2?

no........

our exhaust flow before the extra work we do now flowed 188cfm on the bench....... to compare so you get the same type of numbers a stock one made 106cfm
Jan, the RMW Head flows more now than it used to? Impressive. How much more?

·
Experience vs Money!
1,583 Posts

·
Dead One
2,726 Posts
Data..?? most are up to .500" or .550" when cams are under .500" it really is a mute point??
Thumper
Don't know how it can be a moot point really. The best heads flow more at high lift.
All the stats I've found seem to measure at 0.4 or 0.45. Your own TPR2 spec quotes a max lift of 0.41 int & 4 exh

Here's what I've found.. I've calculated the %age flow increase over stock from the numbers published to give some comparison..

JCW
Int 3.8% @ 0.4 Exh 4% @ 0.4

MiniMadness
Int 22% @ 0.4 Exh 33% @ 0.4

CNCHeads
Int 14.3% @ 0.45 Exh 36.5% @ 0.45

CHR Racing
Int 25.7% @ 0.45 Exh 34% @ 0.45

Sabre Heads
Int 11.4%, Exh 18%

MiniMania
Int 9% @ 0.4, Exh 25% @ 0.4

Can't find any stats for a Thumper head though. Can you share?

·
Experience vs Money!
1,583 Posts
So buying a jcw head, getting built with better valves and rockers, with a nice aggressive cam could be quite good bang for buck potentially?
Yes the JCW is bennificial power builder. As long as the Price is good, added a good camshaft and rock. No need to upgrade the valves, unless you mean increasing the size?? Yes

Thumper

PS: Scraggles.. those spec are do to spring specs NOT air flow.IF you notice the TPR2r will carry cams to .500" and more.
Tpr

·
Registered
641 Posts
I just wanna know which head will add more bhp and won't crack. I was told and head bigger ported that the jcw with damage my engine.

Joe

·
Farmer boy!
3,846 Posts
Yes the JCW is bennificial power builder. As long as the Price is good, added a good camshaft and rock. No need to upgrade the valves, unless you mean increasing the size?? Yes

Thumper

PS: Scraggles.. those spec are do to spring specs NOT air flow.IF you notice the TPR2r will carry cams to .500" and more.
Tpr
Yeah i did mean bigger valves.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts