MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Gap-O-Holic
563 Posts
Its terrible software that has wrecked soo many peoples systems and is just a pain in the shitter.
I think you're laboring under a misconception, never ever had a problem with steam. Please expand...

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Steam tries to control your system too much, it fails with many updates both with the software itself and the games you have linked to it. I had quite a few games on steam and now do not play them due to not wanting that software on my system, the amount of times it removed a load of games, tried to re-install them in set locations and update them whenever it liked. They also had a load of issues with windows related software and bugs, maybe they have ironed it out now but I wont touch it again.

I hate supporting things such as steam, I prefer to just go on a game developers site, pay them the money and install the game, why there is any need for a middle man as such to take its piece of the buy and effectively do a job that does not need doing is beyond me.

As you can now tell, not a fan of this or origin.

And before you say it, I know, cool story bro and yes, youmadbro....

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ Im with you 10 years and around 13 different PC's never had a single virus, not even from steam.

If you look into it, steam is very well engineered software for multi threading and a very secure platform :)

I hate origin because its built in an inferior way, constantly crashes and is abysmal, Its the reason I stopped playing BF3

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chrome FTW :lol:

I'm guessing you hate it for the same reason I hate iTunes - they take the piss!

still think the best money I spend online monthly is Spotify... i'd happily pay 3 times as much as I do for the service you get...

·
Werthers
6,596 Posts
Its not just the tyre wear that bugs me, its the unpredictability of the car from lap to lap, I remember they released the Cadilac and it felt great for 2 laps and then the tyres ballooned if you pushed the car hard, tyres like this run for 1+ hour stints in real life and yet these when pushed hard were wrecked after a couple of hot laps.

A lot of the cars also struggle from the numb feeling in the slow corners and its hard to tell where the grip is and if you are under steering, they are big heavy GT cars that dont move much in a low speed corner, they should be pretty planted.

I am not saying they are wrong, as physics and tyre moddeling are always just an opinion, for me the best physics to date are with Game Stock Car, however, I believe that Assetto Corsa will blow everything out of the water.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts