MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keano 'Stealth cat' Downpipe

Want to do the above... BUT where to get it done and how much is it going to cost ?

Was going to go for evolve decat but dont want the light and havent got the funds for a tune just atm so in the mean time want to mod the standard DP... may come back to a decat with a tune later on but for now want a stealth cat.

Was looking for a spare cat to get this done but decided thats a PITA while other than an offer for one from Spain there arent too many about from what I can find, so will be doing it to mine. Shouldnt be a problem as it should look the same, no emissions light and Im guessing only a small increase in noise???

So then, options please. :wink:

Ta.

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just for info:
Hi have got this modification done to my car bought it already off one of the mini forum but cant remember which one, the extra performance always put a smile on my face!!!!!! I have a VI monitor on the car it says 207 bhp I do have a milltek catback exhaust on the car. The extra noise is hardly notisable
from the standard, had the car put through MOT no problems with emmisions and no cell lights up on dash board. I am just doing the mods to my standard cat , will be up for sale soon. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Just cut it in half yourself, smash the cat out with a hammer and a big bar (it comes out easily once you've broken it up a bit. Then have someone weld it back up, just draw a line when you cut it first so it can be alligned back up properly for welding.

Ive had to do it on a few cars with blocked cats/owners too stingey to buy a new cat.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've seen a MCS cat for sale on ebay for £120. If you smash the internals out though you may find it won't run right.

That was the main thing with the de-cat, Will had to tune it for the lack of Cat.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've seen a MCS cat for sale on ebay for £120. If you smash the internals out though you may find it won't run right.

That was the main thing with the de-cat, Will had to tune it for the lack of Cat.
He is just going to remove the pre cat.

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts
Hows about just wait till you can afford a tune and a down pipe?

·
Premium Member
16,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hows about just wait till you can afford a tune and a down pipe?
Because if this works well enough I wont need another DP.

^ This or you afford just a performance catted downpipe
Stealth cat mod to mine = 200cpi cat ~£100 fitted ??? Still waiting on quote...
Performance DP = 200cpi cat ~£400 fitted

Difference in power ?? Minimal... Difference in cost?? TBC but ~£300... Warranty problems ?? Looks stock no emissions light... stealth cat seems to be win win...

·
Rooster
5,349 Posts
Because if this works well enough I wont need another DP.

Stealth cat mod to mine = 200cpi cat ~£100 fitted ??? Still waiting on quote...
Performance DP = 200cpi cat ~£400 fitted
For a new 200cpi cat? you'll be looking at much more than 100 fitted, will be close to new manifold cost less fitting I guess

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Dave I've been offered a newish catted DP for £250 if you want it can pm sellers details?

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
1,625 Posts
Coastal racing took my cat off and give me a stealth! Fully gutted!
Sounds awesome on WOT and the extra power is well nice too!! Only downside is theres a bit of a smell lol

Give karl a ring and see what he can do for you.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm concerned about breaking bits of the cat up, whats the odds of the whole thing letting go? bashing around the thing, then welding it up and running it with increased flow...?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Carl has a decated down pipe in stock but i am sure he can sort a pre cat one for you.
and then after fitting it you could send him your stock one.

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
1,625 Posts
I'm concerned about breaking bits of the cat up, whats the odds of the whole thing letting go? bashing around the thing, then welding it up and running it with increased flow...?
Thats why I have a full gutted one on. If you remove the nox filter then the rest moves it could be an issue!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts