MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Managed to pick up a low mileage 2009 JCW [with Chilli Pack and Visability Pack plus full heated leather] in November and thought I better put up a progress thread.

Totally standard car when I got it which didn't stay that way for long, although I dont plan on doing too much.

Mods so far

Airtec Intercooler
Miltek Decat downpipe
Pipercross panel filter
Remapped to 280bhp
Meth Install
Turbosystems hybrid
coillovers
Rota Drift alloys
Channel swap

Anyway that's about it so far ,will update as and when things change.

Mark

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would someone please explain to me how to get the rear bumper diffuser off, just spent 30mins trying to get to the bloody screws that hold it in place !

·
Resident Gobshite
4,145 Posts
You mean the screws on either side? They were a bugger! Ones I'd got them out though, it came off easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was watching a clip on youtube of how to remove it, never bloody showed how to get those 2 screws out!

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't suppose anyone knows the paint code for Brembo calipers, when trying to remove my rear diffuser noticed the rear brakes are a bit scabby.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Don't suppose anyone knows the paint code for Brembo calipers, when trying to remove my rear diffuser noticed the rear brakes are a bit scabby.
I couldn't find any concrete information on the paint colour online. Chili Red seems to be closest match. I had a couple of chips on my front Brembos and touched them in with Chili Red ?

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Time for the next mod on my list. I cant stand that massive wheel arch gap and need to get that sorted asap, question is which route to go.
Car is very unlikely to be tracked so a full blown adjustable setup is not really required.

Seems most people on here frown upon Eibach springs etc [ not quite sure why] so i guess that means either coilovers
or upgraded spring damper setup. Have been lookiing at the AP Coilovers as well as some other setups , any advice welcome.

·
Administrator
5,546 Posts
Time for the next mod on my list. I cant stand that massive wheel arch gap and need to get that sorted asap, question is which route to go.
Car is very unlikely to be tracked so a full blown adjustable setup is not really required.

Seems most people on here frown upon Eibach springs etc [ not quite sure why] so i guess that means either coilovers
or upgraded spring damper setup. Have been lookiing at the AP Coilovers as well as some other setups , any advice welcome.
Because over the years, springs, like the GTT top mount and FK Coilovers, were tried, tested and ultimately disregarded. Luckily we have the combined knowledge to save you from wasting your money when better alternatives are out there.

APs are currently the minimum recommended but go with the best your budget can afford. Adjustability isn't just for track setups

1 - 20 of 386 Posts