MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a track day at the Spa-Francochamps Circuit? Been to watch three GPs there over the years. I desperately want to drive it, such a fabulous, spectacular circuit.
Has anyone done it? Is it any good with a MINI? Reading elsewhere I understand there is a lot of WOT sections.
Is there any interest in going? It isn't a bad drive from Calais to get there.

·
#HypocriticalCoiloverCunt
3,303 Posts
Although I was working and couldn't go. The normal group I go to the ring with did it last year. They went in an Evo X and a supercharged 350z. However the supercharged 350z blew up halfway round the ring (that's another story), and the Evo took the 350's place at Spa. They said it was the best track they have ever driven (they do UK track days and have done ring several times). L' eau rouge obviously is the best bit, and you would need to be in a seriously quick car to lift off or lose grip coming out at the top, so in a MINI it would be epic. #GripForDays

·
Resident Gobshite
4,140 Posts
Did a day at Spa last year in my MINI and went along with a friend in his mighty MX5.

Best track I have ever driven. We tied it in with a few days at the Nurburgring beforehand. I was lifting off along the kemmel straight most laps but the back end of the circuit is incredible.

The fear of Raidillon and Eau Rouge, Trying to brake later and later into Les Combes, The drop at Bruxelles where the track just falls away and you feel the car trying to run wide, growing balls to try and get on the throttle into Pouhon and then keeping your foot pinned all the way to the chicane from Stavelot. Unreal.

I never drove a perfect lap but I’ve never enjoyed driving a circuit more.

EDIT: I will add I was using Michelin Pilot Sports and they even held up well on a warm dry day. Wish I had taken the semis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Echo everything Jake has just said.

Fantastic track. Kemmel straight is too long for the mini but the rest of the track is a blast. The mini lost out on power but more than made up for it piecing the rest of the circuit together :)

Some footage from the track day to inspire you.... or not :laugh:

https://youtu.be/bYj2EfPXEOg

·
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. Wow, that is praise indeed. And the vid is wicked, thanks Fat. The circuit really is huge, a veritable beast. What sort of time-ish were you taking for a lap? Just wanted a feel. My car won't be as quick as you guys. I have got to do this. Bucket job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts