MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Resident Gobshite
I鈥檒l admit, I don鈥檛 hate it! How much lower are you dropping the car and how much of the original arch have you had to chop off out of curiosity?
I see you鈥檙e going to Brands on the 1st of December, absolutely love the track. The compression at the bottom of Paddock Hill Bend always surprised me lap after lap. Can remember the noise of the tyres hitting the arches.

this may be my scepticism talking but keep off the kerbs if you鈥檙e running JR wheels. I genuinely can鈥檛 remember if it was a JR or Rota that sheered a spoke at one of the evening sessions there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
I鈥檒l admit, I don鈥檛 hate it! How much lower are you dropping the car and how much of the original arch have you had to chop off out of curiosity?
I see you鈥檙e going to Brands on the 1st of December, absolutely love the track. The compression at the bottom of Paddock Hill Bend always surprised me lap after lap. Can remember the noise of the tyres hitting the arches.

this may be my scepticism talking but keep off the kerbs if you鈥檙e running JR wheels. I genuinely can鈥檛 remember if it was a JR or Rota that sheered a spoke at one of the evening sessions there.
I'll take that as a win 馃槈

Not sure how much yet, probably not much more on the front, and maybe another 15mm on the back perhaps. London is a pig for speed humps, so being able to negotiate these at more than 3mph would be good.

Arch wise I've taken as much as recommended off the front and on the rear a smidge less as the body shop suggested it will help keep the strength in the arch a bit more.

There aren't many modified cars that dont bottom out or scrub at brands, been going to brands since I saw the last F1 GP in 86.

I'm heading there not to chase any lap times but to see how the car runs in track, oil temps, handling etc so will be off the curbs.. maybe at Surtees and McClaren. Will see.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25

Today's little fettling.. a decent amount of top of the liner arch scrub so not too sure how to address that. My ST Suspension is the height adjustable only version. Can see a future upgrade there 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Just some pics from yesterday after a clean. Needs a good clay bar and machine polish but doesnt look too bad in the pics.

Premium Member
The arches have really grown on me. The wheels help it to look really aggressive and the arches looks like they鈥檝e been done very well too.

Look forward to seeing this in the metal at some point. 馃憤馃徑

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
The arches have really grown on me. The wheels help it to look really aggressive and the arches looks like they鈥檝e been done very well too.

Look forward to seeing this in the metal at some point. 馃憤馃徑
Thanks mates, I'm really happy with the overall look now. I still need to run a bit more spacing on them if I'm honest. Annoyingly I lost one of my 20mm spacers so it's only running a 15 on the back and 12s on the front where as I'd have gone 15+20.

Wheels are et20 so despite that spacers are still needed. Think on these arches you'd get away with et5 or even et0 and be ok.

Where abouts are you based? In North London.

Premium Member
I鈥檓 in Leigh on Sea in Essex, used to work in Clerkenwell pre-COVID. But home based now.

Paths may cross at brands or if any shows/meets are on next year 馃憤馃徑

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
I鈥檓 in Leigh on Sea in Essex, used to work in Clerkenwell pre-COVID. But home based now.

Paths may cross at brands or if any shows/meets are on next year 馃憤馃徑
I'm in Sevenoaks every few weeks with family and mates as that's where I grew up. I'll be at Brands on the 8th December if you're about.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
I might have some custom mini spacers at 20mm if you鈥檙e not in a rush
(unused boxed) will check this weekend if you鈥檙e interested
Sure let me know what you're thinking. Thanks.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts