MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll upload some of this weekend's action in here over the next few days as I get it edited. Bit of a preview for anyone coming to the MINI Festival at Oulton Park in July.

My race 1:
http://youtu.be/-dyw81ROb2g

Good start from P7 on a greasy track with dryish line but lots of bunching up on the inside allowed Ian Munro to get back along side. Side by side from MacIntyres to the chicane, I eventually had to back out and regroup. It was pretty clear everyone was going all out from the beginning, I was biding my time filtering through the drama. Then just after picking my way up to 5th, I managed to clatter the right hand kerb at the chicane and had massive rallycross session up the gravel and grass before finally managing to point the car back on to the circuit in tenth, having lost all the positions I’d just fought to gain and more. Luckily everyone still had their minds set on maximum attack and I managed to sift through the carnage pulling myself back up to finish 6th.

Later on tonight I'll try and upload Steph's smash:

·
Registered
179 Posts
My goodness that's close racing! What gives with the yellow Mini #23? Looking at that racing makes me feel happy to go rallying.hahaha Nice driving chappie.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was quite a race. Normally race 1 is a bit calmer and race 3 is the more mental one.

Having said that, I don't really remember what happened in race 3 except Ian got me off the start and I somehow passed him. Nothing quite as fun as the commentator asking how the race went afterwards and you kinda go "erm, I don't really remember"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts