MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is an original JCW R56S with 78k and 2 keepers

Link to detailed info here: and suddenly he found himself dragged kicking and screaming into the world of R56S ownership.... | Page 3 | MiniTorque.com
I haven't updated the above for a while but will later....

I was planning to put this together with some aftermarket parts but chose to leave it standard as it seems to be the general opinion from passing comment

I do still have tuning options for it should people want options but for now the car is what it is

The engine is going together now, it's had new rings and hone to standard size, new valve stem seals, new front and rear main seals, all valves re-lapped, all oil staining and residue cleaned as best possible, same with any carbon deposits etc. Any coolant staining or leak residue cleaned, new Valeo clutch, New Sachs dual mass flywheel, new thermostat housing, new cross over pipe, lifters cleaned and full movement restored, new head gasket and bolts obviously, head not skimmed, so standard gasket thickness also, pistons cleaned, crank, rods, pins, casings, new bolts for bottom end etc. New timing chain, oil pump chain (often ignored), original Vanos.

The car has two keys but remote function is untested, if neither work I will renew one and supply three,

The car will have a new battery (Exide premium)

The car will receive a new MOT

Price is £5250

Condition is nice overall, it does have some lacquer peel notably to the tops of the front wings, only small panels, but it's in a few other places just smaller.

The car has Gravity beige leather, HiFi speaker system, DAB etc, Climate Control, Carbon Mirror Covers, Carbon handbrake handle and Carbon gear knob all genuine JCW items, one mirror cover lacquer marked. Some minor wheel marks to the R105's, and a few trolley marks as one would expect on a 14 year old car, there is one 'dent' low on the OS door which is small but visible. Roof in white, white stripes. The rear bumper has some minor damage, a few scratches in places and has a crack visible in the top surface but still looks smart enough, non PDC version.

Car drove nicely prior to the work, just having an oil filter housing seal issue, stripped and rebuilt just because, clutch was tired and probably didn't have that long in it so it's now all done for you.

This will be a very nice standard car or base for your personalisation

On a private plate right now which will come off after it's MOT'd. Can be available if interested or it will go on something else.

IMG_3723.jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

WP_20201030_008.jpg

WP_20201102_009.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Fro-dizzle and knt

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
And very nice it is too

I’ll be honest, had I not had so much stuff I took of the blue R53 to go onto the red one I had of Sean this was also tempting me to buy it at the time too!

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MOT tomorrow hopefully....

Bit of a clean....

IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4526.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

will change the oil and filter again when back from MOT

drives nice, needs AC charging still, and the boot release isn't working which I'll look at....

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOT'd,

No advisories.

IMG_4528.JPG

IMG_4530.JPG

CO% Idle: 0.02
CO% Fast idle 0.10
HC PPM Fast idle: 33
Lambda 1.00

35 miles to test station, drives well enough, oil change completed upon return so running in oil is out, new filter.

Reactions: Fro-dizzle

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AC recharged now ;O)

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMG_4532.JPG

open to sensible offers on this.... it needs a home ;O)

might take it to Herts this coming weekend, I do like driving it I have to say....

Reactions: shiftspark

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
The family man says I need your All4. The 'I still think Im 30' man says I needs this. The boss says I cant have either.

·
Premium Member
2006 cooper S 221bhp
794 Posts
If I’d have had the money when I bought the R53 off Sean I’d have probably had this car instead of it!

still tempted every time I see it but I think I’d end up sleeping in it if my wife found out I’d bought another one!

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
If I’d have had the money when I bought the R53 off Sean I’d have probably had this car instead of it!

still tempted every time I see it but I think I’d end up sleeping in it if my wife found out I’d bought another one!
Youve already got a red one. Just swap it. Bet she wouldnt even notice 🤣

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the CM SD All4 would be Mrs Maccmike's of course ;O)
IMG_4930.JPG

Reactions: Maccmike

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are the gearboxes the same as on the late R53 MCS ?
No mate,

I am having final drive conversions done for them though and a full dog box, not far away,

the 56 has a two shaft box with one FD, the BKD/BKE/BKL is three with two, also different size input shafts and spline count, they just share the same diff as the R53 and the same diff seals as the R50 Getrag, interestingly they appear to be the same box as in the All4 just with a revised inner casing to attach the All4 transfer box to, making it really very tempting to explore converting an R56 to All 4, in fact even for an R50/52/53 to an N14 powered All4 on a standalone etc, much lighter motor and lighter box, something I'll likely never do but like the idea 😁 it'd fly along.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so how much is it worth to R&R your motor and liberate the diff? Pay me to do that and I'll install it in the 56 FOC at the asking price.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts