MiniTorque.com banner

281 - 300 of 308 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
you had the flywheel made? to take stock clutches as well as others?

I'm having some aluminium rebuildable flywheels designed, well I have had them designed, just need to make the decision on manufacture but they're expensive if only doing a few, they'll have renewable friction surface and ring gear, they'll take a stock clutch or any compatible with a stock flywheel, and will have the timing lock tool hole

Fwiw I'm also having a final drive conversion made in a few options plus a full straight cut dog engagement gear set, if you want to liven it up 😁

New for the N14, I already have them for the 53 Getrag.

Reactions: Vaios and Alski

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
you had the flywheel made? to take stock clutches as well as others?

I'm having some aluminium rebuildable flywheels designed, well I have had them designed, just need to make the decision on manufacture but they're expensive if only doing a few, they'll have renewable friction surface and ring gear, they'll take a stock clutch or any compatible with a stock flywheel, and will have the timing lock tool hole

Fwiw I'm also having a final drive conversion made in a few options plus a full straight cut dog engagement gear set, if you want to liven it up

New for the N14, I already have them for the 53 Getrag.
Its made to take stock clutches from another car brand . That straight cut gear of yours are made for greater strength? Did you change final gear ratio too?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Custom made yellow dials to match the interior (cage, schroth harnesses and door pulls). Also changed mechanisms cause previous tachometer was up to 240kmh!! 260kmh now! At last!

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
quite like those in yellow

yes significantly greater strength, I'll put up a pic later of a gear comparison to standard,

I've changed the F/D, it can be in helical or semi with standard gears or run with the dog gear set, or dog gear set run with the standard F/D but I see little point in that as you'd be keeping the side loads on the diff quite high

in the 56S (N14) @7.5k the potential top speed in top comes down from 182 to 143, or with the straight cut dog gear set 144, or standard gears with a straight cut F/D to 159, obviously these are mostly noisy, the helical F/D with standard gears and 143 is the road friendly (comfort) option, 1st and 2nd would inevitably feel really low, but doesn't take long to get used to.

WP_20170622_002.jpg PHOTO-2019-12-02-11-31-21.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Custom made yellow dials to match the interior (cage, schroth harnesses and door pulls). Also changed mechanisms cause previous tachometer was up to 240kmh!! 260kmh now! At last!

Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
I ve been one of the first owning a tubular mani but never had a chance to mount it due to my n14 motor holding on strong. Today I assembled the whole setup. Will be great to mount it as soon as that covid 19 pauses and swap motors to keep my 170k kms N14 engine as a backup. 2021 will be top year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I ve been one of the first owning a tubular mani but never had a chance to mount it due to my n14 motor holding on strong. Today I assembled the whole setup. Will be great to mount it as soon as that covid 19 pauses and swap motors to keep my 170k kms N14 engine as a backup. 2021 will be top year.

I read somewhere that Garrett wants to keep their oil drain hole above the block's oil fitting. Prevents oil from "puddling" in the drain line. This manifold looks like it will locate the turbo oil drain line too low to satisfy this requirement. Have you relocated the block's oil fitting?

Also, which Garrett are you using? Hope to see detailed pics of how all this goes together. RPM needed a few more "things" to install their tubular manifold. And I had to make a couple sacrifices to install mine.

Reactions: Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
I read somewhere that Garrett wants to keep their oil drain hole above the block's oil fitting. Prevents oil from "puddling" in the drain line. This manifold looks like it will locate the turbo oil drain line too low to satisfy this requirement. Have you relocated the block's oil fitting?

Also, which Garrett are you using? Hope to see detailed pics of how all this goes together. RPM needed a few more "things" to install their tubular manifold. And I had to make a couple sacrifices to install mine.
Thats correct sir. New oil drain will be routed in the oil pan. Block's oil passage will be blanked. Its a Gtx 2860gen2 turbo small enough and big enough..... I am not aiming crazy figures, just dont wanna miss the everyday hooning Mini with all that bullshit hybrids out there. It aint a show car. It will feel my right foot all day up its arse . Watermeth is gonna complement in track use. Its my 2021 goal. Stay tuned. I usually post everything despite noone "likes".
Rat Garage Works
Vaios

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats correct sir. New oil drain will be routed in the oil pan. Block's oil passage will be blanked. Its a Gtx 2860gen2 turbo small enough and big enough..... I am not aiming crazy figures, just dont wanna miss the everyday hooning Mini with all that bullshit hybrids out there. It aint a show car. It will feel my right foot all day up its arse . Watermeth is gonna complement in track use. Its my 2021 goal. Stay tuned. I usually post everything despite noone "likes".
Rat Garage Works
Vaios

My old GTX2860R was max'd out at 380WHP on an OEM manifold. Has lotsa added "stuff" to help, including WMI at each port. Switched to G25-660 and tubular manifold for an added 140WHP, so you might be happy with the GTX --- for awhile. Hope you're able to keep the A/C. Had to pull mine to make room for the DP, but my manifold has a "top-mounted" turbo which uses an internal WG --- completely different from yours. I'm still very "streetable" too, just not so much during summer months any more --- I live in Northern Nevada's high desert.

Even tho I very much enjoy reading about big builds, I hardly ever "like" the different posts or threads. One of my many bad habits --- sorry if it causes grief. But from the qty and content of reply's you get, nobody seems to "dis-like" your stuff either. Keep up the good work, and enjoy ---

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
My old GTX2860R was max'd out at 380WHP on an OEM manifold. Has lotsa added "stuff" to help, including WMI at each port. Switched to G25-660 and tubular manifold for an added 140WHP, so you might be happy with the GTX --- for awhile. Hope you're able to keep the A/C. Had to pull mine to make room for the DP, but my manifold has a "top-mounted" turbo which uses an internal WG --- completely different from yours. I'm still very "streetable" too, just not so much during summer months any more --- I live in Northern Nevada's high desert.

Even tho I very much enjoy reading about big builds, I hardly ever "like" the different posts or threads. One of my many bad habits --- sorry if it causes grief. But from the qty and content of reply's you get, nobody seems to "dis-like" your stuff either. Keep up the good work, and enjoy ---
I wont lose my aircon. There is plenty of space.That turbo combined with meth and all the motor updates will produce about 400bhp at about 2.2 bars. I aint gonna push the limit and as I ve seen from other builds here in Greece, GTX turbos (3071,3076) work better on these engines than g25 550_660s which demand high engine rpms.
Thanks for the reply
Keep up the mini flqg and Enjoy mate.

·
Registered
JCW N18
90 Posts
Lovely done.
That tubular manifold looks awesome
My only objection is that because as we have talked and see you track your car often.. that this amount of power at track might not be beneficial in terms of "Stopwatch"
I mean...those babes are FWD and its hard to corner fast enough with that amount of power.

You might need to limit your power while cornering at Serres and use only the full power before the K1. I think Themis did something like that too with even less than 400ps.
Enjoy-Enjoy!
Cheers from Thessaloniki!

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
Lovely done.
That tubular manifold looks awesome
My only objection is that because as we have talked and see you track your car often.. that this amount of power at track might not be beneficial in terms of "Stopwatch"
I mean...those babes are FWD and its hard to corner fast enough with that amount of power.

You might need to limit your power while cornering at Serres and use only the full power before the K1. I think Themis did something like that too with even less than 400ps.
Enjoy-Enjoy!
Cheers from Thessaloniki!
Hi Mitso. Dont worry. I talked about turbo maximum output. I wont be using it that anyway. I am full aware of what a mini can do on a track and how much is the exact power needed. Themis has a project which went full send into a trackday car. I enjoy more a road and track project cause making a car only for 1 track in Greece isnt exactly a wise move for me. Waiting for you to send me invoice as soon as you visit the track. Enjoy your Mini mate.
Rat Garage works
Vaios

·
Registered
JCW N18
90 Posts
I agree that might not be a wise move...however if you can support it with your pocket and you have another 1-2-3 cars for road+track use its a pretty good choice.
Also that thing about power limit was before he do it track only.
However lets stop talkingfor another cars except ours :D:D

I will send you cause im sure i will need some help too ( LOL )
I believe within the Easter i will have proceed with the seats+cae shifter so i will be able to track the car. Im not going to track the car with lounge seats (just imagine the inside view axaxax)

I really cant wait to see your breaking lights before the K1 while im chasing you.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·
New set of upgraded injectors for the lady. All the fuel she can get, trying to keep her direct injected and methamfetamyn cooled

·
Registered
256 Posts
New set of upgraded injectors for the lady. All the fuel she can get, trying to keep her direct injected and methamfetamyn cooled

What are the injectors size and is it direct replacement fit from OEM N14?

Do you have a link and/or part no. please?

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #297 ·
What are the injectors size and is it direct replacement fit from OEM N14?

Do you have a link and/or part no. please?
These are 0261500112 bosch injectors used in VAG models. Capable for 500hp applications . More than enough for me and most FWD cars . dont tell anyone

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
I have seen many meth setups. All of them were located inside the trank. I tried to consider more the center of gravity. Its about 10kgs fully loaded. So as low as it gets and as instructions mention spraying nozzle should always be higher than the tank. An AEM solenoid was also added to the game for peace of mind.

·
Registered
JCW N18
90 Posts
No offence but this doesnt seems to be a good idea and i will let you know why.

1.Yes in terms of "communicating vessels" the pump/watertank should be lower but because its a closed system i dont think you will ever have any problem...I know that AEM lucks in terms of failsafe, however this is an instruction in order to cover their ass. Its like see on aspirine that can cause fatal death. I hope you get what im saying.

2.An extra weight on your tail wont hurt / actually it might help.

3.Its always better to put these on the right side of the car since at track or hard/fast driving most of the times you are alone so its better having the extra weight on the opposite side.

4.Its much harder to fill the tank with methanol and if you push much your car you will get bored refill the babe over there

5. Noise....Damn! This pump when it sprays make this (trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt) sound?I cant imagine having this and hear it each time i'm pulling..Im having mine at trunk (no covered yet and i have no seats etc as well) and i dont like hearing it. Only its good from when you setting the system and be able to understand how this works.

In conclusion the only benefit seems to be the weight distribution which from my perspective this also doesnt help you but giving you worse results than benefit.

Cheers
Dimis

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #300 ·
No offence but this doesnt seems to be a good idea and i will let you know why.

1.Yes in terms of "communicating vessels" the pump/watertank should be lower but because its a closed system i dont think you will ever have any problem...I know that AEM lucks in terms of failsafe, however this is an instruction in order to cover their ass. Its like see on aspirine that can cause fatal death. I hope you get what im saying.

2.An extra weight on your tail wont hurt / actually it might help.

3.Its always better to put these on the right side of the car since at track or hard/fast driving most of the times you are alone so its better having the extra weight on the opposite side.

4.Its much harder to fill the tank with methanol and if you push much your car you will get bored refill the babe over there

5. Noise....Damn! This pump when it sprays make this (trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt) sound?I cant imagine having this and hear it each time i'm pulling..Im having mine at trunk (no covered yet and i have no seats etc as well) and i dont like hearing it. Only its good from when you setting the system and be able to understand how this works.

In conclusion the only benefit seems to be the weight distribution which from my perspective this also doesnt help you but giving you worse results than benefit.

Cheers
Dimis
About the communicating vessels.... I get it. But if the valve fails on the injector then due to vacuum in idle you are [email protected] so thats why I go solenoid and even lower position.

About the noise.... I DONT CARE cause it will spray in one of my boost modes... so It wont drive me crazy. I want to hear it actually so that to prevent sudden pump failure. Believe me in track the brain doesnt have so much clarity to be bothered from a pump noise. I personally go War mode. Checking only vitals in certain relax points.

About the right side.... you are right but actually now the tank which is the main heavy thing is 15 cm from car center. So its almost the same. (Plus I the copilot can get his seat back and hurt the tank). Weight on the back will help if you have wrong spring setup or lift during hard braking. I dont.

For filling the tank.... common mate. If you want to fill it you will fill it. Even if it was under the car with a syringe for christ.

Conclusion... all of the above where calculated and where carefully thought as I said in the post for weight distribution and balance.

Time will tell and track will judge. AFTER and I say AFTER testing them on track.

Else. I throw them in the bin all together.

281 - 300 of 308 Posts