MiniTorque.com banner

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Test period started

Feels rigid, too scared at the moment to reach top speed due to downforce.

Looks wicked

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
1st Swan Style Rear wing is a fact

W I D E

·
Premium Member
4,873 Posts
keep away from the kerb on busy streets 😂

Reactions: Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Well, it didnt escalate as quickly as you would imagine. But soon the engine No2 will be rebuilt so that it changes the 170k kms engine which is perfectly working both as a daily and a track toy. Aiming for a healthy 320whp engine with a relatively flat torque curve revving up to 7.800rpm. (It is possible )

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks promising --- who fab'd the ex manifold and which Garrett is it?

Reactions: RYAN JCW

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Looks promising --- who fab'd the ex manifold and which Garrett is it?
Exhaust manifold is made in greece from Karagiannis exhaust shop and that specific one was making around 500hp in another setup. Turbo is a gtx2860 gen2 AR64 which runs out of puff at around 400 meth injected.
The combo of manifold and that turbo will probably give me power full boost from 3000rpm as minis are capable of spooling much greater turbos from 3500rpm.
As I said, I am aiming for less to keep the engine alive for more. Partial Track use and everyday B roads is my dream, so I wont sacrifice low end torque for high figures.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A520F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was able to get 386WHP out of my GTX2860R. Boost peaked at 30PSI around 4.5K, then dropped off to mid 20's at 7.5K. Be sure to use lotsa WMI --- maybe a jet at each port, otherwise the ECU won't see enough fuel. Most builders say OEM pump / injectors aren't big enough for 400+HP --- guess they aren't aware of WMI. My 520WHP '07 DD is happy with OEM fuel system and a 5-jet WMI.

Looking forward to seeing your dyno charts ---

Reactions: RYAN JCW and Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
I was able to get 386WHP out of my GTX2860R. Boost peaked at 30PSI around 4.5K, then dropped off to mid 20's at 7.5K. Be sure to use lotsa WMI --- maybe a jet at each port, otherwise the ECU won't see enough fuel. Most builders say OEM pump / injectors aren't big enough for 400+HP --- guess they aren't aware of WMI. My 520WHP '07 DD is happy with OEM fuel system and a 5-jet WMI.

Thanks for the input mate. These cars are quite capable if tuned correctly. Did you have camshafts?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the input mate. These cars are quite capable if tuned correctly. Did you have camshafts?

Yes, Cat Cams, "medium grind" --- Manic didn't like tuning for their serious version. Hope you have a good, mini-experienced tuner. My current build is documented here --- From the “Baddest” to the “Deadest”

Reactions: Vaios

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts

You have the best ratio of posts per bhp - 89/396. Definitely a MT record 👍 🤣

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have the best ratio of posts per bhp - 89/396. Definitely a MT record 👍 🤣
I wasn't aware of this ratio or associated record, but let's use my last posted HP numbers, 520WHP. Using an online conversion, 520WHP is 589BHP. And now 90 posts. To be fair, MT isn't my primary forum. Most of my posts are on NAM with 1625 posts. Shouldn't this be the ratio that's most appropriate?

Reactions: Lee07771

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Yes, Cat Cams, "medium grind" --- Manic didn't like tuning for their serious version. Hope you have a good, mini-experienced tuner. My current build is documented here --- From the “Baddest” to the “Deadest”
My tuner is Revlimit. Currently holding the hp record for r56. A little more than 600hp but not yet announced due to a personal debate between tuners in greece . When the itherone reaches 590 my tuner will post the actual number

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Check at that contact point. Inconel sodium will handle the flames.... I think . Beehive springs for the bigger and more aggressive valve lift.
I think stock intake valves will do the job

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
My tuner is Revlimit. Currently holding the hp record for r56. A little more than 600hp but not yet announced due to a personal debate between tuners in greece . When the itherone reaches 590 my tuner will post the actual number

Next time you talk with RevLimit, ask them if they know of RMW's 1.8L stroker. He has both 1.8L and 2.0L R56 stroked engines available, altho I'm told the 1.8 tunes better, and both are well over 600WHP. So, when claiming a record, it's a good idea to qualify specifics --- there's more than a couple Mini Coopers out there with 600+WHP engines.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Next time you talk with RevLimit, ask them if they know of RMW's 1.8L stroker. He has both 1.8L and 2.0L R56 stroked engines available, altho I'm told the 1.8 tunes better, and both are well over 600WHP. So, when claiming a record, it's a good idea to qualify specifics --- there's more than a couple Mini Coopers out there with 600+WHP engines.
I am not aware of a 1.8 or 2.0 litre version. Havent seen any proof. But the sure thing is that they cannot get to 600hp from 1.6 litre. Last week another greek tuner made it to 600 on the 1.6 motor. Must be the greek dynos!

241 - 260 of 270 Posts