MiniTorque.com banner

201 - 220 of 264 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
haha, a combination of my little car and extended sessions in 30 degree heat getting them a bit too hot ;O) fitted on the way to the track and an afternoon of this saw the fronts almost ~75% done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GEbqNj-dxk&t=251s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bECL0Sr1xoc

You can hear I'm not howling round every corner, that is not how I drive, just a couple of those on the edge moments as you can hear, mostly the rear, but it was a fast afternoon and the best so far.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Since the first day I saw these.... I knew I would get them. KND engineering rear rose jointed control arms and spherical bearing trailing arm bushes .... lets make that rear end stay down.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G960F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Was thinking about these bonnet scoops that let the air flow better and change the water temps on demanding trackdays. I didn't want to saw the bonnet....so what the heck ... project carbon fiber hood diy.... lets see if I pull this off. Starting with a fiberglass mold... and soon more.
Rat Garage Motorsport

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Out of the mold. And I think its the most goodlooking bonnet I have ever seen. Soon to be fitted and tested. Less than 6 kilos currently. It will be strengthened internally and hood pins will make it safer.

Rat Garage Works
Vaios

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A520F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Minor upgrade for the carbon hood so that it stays in place. Bonnet Fins are currently under construction. Love the gp garage form but I will try to do something less aggressive and made out of kevlar! I think that it will look great on the bonnet....especially with the vented Kevlar A panels.....oups....thats the next project....
Rat Garage works
Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Looking good, my only tip would to have added some reinforcement/stiffeners to the buck to the end product isnt warped.
Yeap I am on to that too. Underside is reinforced to become more rigid and stiff for high speeds

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Test fitting under way. It sits like that right now. Needs final trimming and offcourse polishing. Photos dont tell the truth guyz.....
And I finally made up my mind about the air ducts. These are from a Ford Mustang bonnet and will be duplicated in kevlar!!! So a little bit of yellowish to the carbon background. I am so excited.

Rat Garage Works
Vaios

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Love the bonnet vents, they suit the lines really well.
I didn’t even recognise them from a mustang - great find!
The lines and the body form have to be alligned. I bought 3 types. One of them was ford focus rs. But the size was inadequate. These mustang ducts In person look amazing. Imagine that these will rise through the bonnet. Its not an over the bonnet duct. It will look epic.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Aerocatch hood fasteners in place and tested so the pins bolt securely on the frame without deforming the carbon hood. A nightmare to install cause these are unflexible and quite big but I needed them to have a key lock. Waiting for the center dechromed "moustache" and the chrome light surroundings which will be glued permanently to prevent deforming.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Trackday at Serres Circuit. Despite the Nankang Ar-1 and 20kilos lighter car, I havent managed to break my previous pb due to a friend's accident during the trackday. Thank god his ok but his immaculate s2000 was destroyed completely. Mini performed flawlessly and gave me confidence and lots of fun. Waiting for the next trackday to verify my assumption. (Bonnet not finished aye)

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Lacquer is on.... trims are on....need final preps to be 100% track usable ... Punisher badge on..20hp gains

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
2nd motor update! Head porting and polishing. .... drill bits and lots of attention to get some cfm out of it. Fuck cnc . We can do this

201 - 220 of 264 Posts