MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Akrapovic Downpipe as a Christmas gift for me...can't wait to get it installed:drool5::drool5:

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it does make a good sound for the Euro I gave!:rofl:
The sound is the main reason for buying it and the quality that is being widely advertised. As for the performance...I must get it programmed to enjoy full capabilities of the exhaust

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just installed the Downpipe.:w00t:... It's a 'must' buy. I am amazed by the sound. If someone told me that he swapped my whole exhaust system with another I would swear he did. The sound coming to my ears now is pure melody. Themis, did you see a 12bhp without programming after installing FMIC?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Do you have a standard exhaust from the cat back?

I'm the otherway round in that I have the Akrapovic cat back exhaust currently fitted. There's not much of a sound increase on the brief test drive I carried out. Think I need to get the sports cat on the car now.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"farsalon'' street, the spot under the bridge waits for you :tongue_smilie:
wake up them all!!
top buy vaios!:thumbup:
When I passed from ''farsalon'' street they broke their necks to check out who is the guy roaring down the block. It helped revving faster, that's the feeling i get, so there must be a horsepower gain. I haven't got a check engine light yet, though. (maybe i must not mention it because it will light up!:lol:).

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a standard exhaust from the cat back?

I'm the otherway round in that I have the Akrapovic cat back exhaust currently fitted. There's not much of a sound increase on the brief test drive I carried out. Think I need to get the sports cat on the car now.
I think that you went the correct way, but the main engine restriction is in the front section of your exhaust system. So changing your DP to a 100cell like Akra, makes the you hear the turbo spoolling in every gear abuse :)thumbup:). It's all in what you want to hear. Engine:Dp, Flames and black gases: full race exhaust, I personally think that in high speeds there must be no droning because in a long journey you get awful headaches. I've changed only the downpipe, hell yeah and i don't think I will change something else for the moment as I am pleased with the result.

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking for a used FMIC.... Is there a chance of finding something in good condition? Give me a PM

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

AIRTEC IC
Verifying no pressure drop as a full stock engine when installed.... (not programmed ECU (yet)) and IAT drop of 1oC on steady gas pedal (vacuum). 5oC biggest difference between ambient and Intake temperature in WOT up to 5500rpm steady.... (i used to have more than 20oC difference in WOT!!) The temperature returns to 1oC dif. in 15 seconds.... :thumbup1:

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that you went the correct way, but the main engine restriction is in the front section of your exhaust system. So changing your DP to a 100cell like Akra, makes the you hear the turbo spoolling in every gear abuse :)thumbup:). It's all in what you want to hear. Engine:Dp, Flames and black gases: full race exhaust, I personally think that in high speeds there must be no droning because in a long journey you get awful headaches. I've changed only the downpipe, hell yeah and i don't think I will change something else for the moment as I am pleased with the result.
I can't believe that in only 2 months I' ve changed my mind twice... MT is insane in the membrane (and in my wallet) ...... Searching for 2,5'' exhaust pipe system!

·
Registered
2007 Mini Cooper S R56
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Braking News.... I found out where the Boeing 777 landed. Near my house! I emptied everyone's pockets and I managed to get my hands on :
a. SAIKU MICHI Dual CC
b. JCW ROOF SPOILER (240 pounds)
c. JCW complete REAR Brake Kit (200 pounds)

1 - 20 of 264 Posts