MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2009 I bought a 52' plate Cooper S in Electric Blue with a white roof. During my ownership I added the full Aerokit, R112 alloys, EBC discs and pads and a Milltek catback exhaust.

I sold it in June last year for personal reasons and ended up in a cheap diesel for a little while.

My birthday is coming up and I managed to negotiate a good deal to get myself back in a Mini, yesterday I picked it up from Dick Lovett Mini in Hungerford.

It is a 2008 Cooper S in Astro Black, the factory spec list is pretty much as follows:

- Astro Black with body colour roof
- Chrome mirror caps
- 17" Crownspokes
- Chilli pack
- Black/Red half leather interior
- Grey colourline and silver check dash panels
- Chromeline interior trim
- Darkened rear glass
- Auto climent control
- Multifunction steering wheel
- Aux input for iPod
- Heated seats

There may be other bits but this is all I can pick out at the moment.

Here are the pictures that I took before I picked it up from the dealer:

And here are a couple of pictures I took this evening when I got home from work, unfortunately it was very dark and it's already filthy:

I treated myself (the Mini) to some new bits from Clean Your Car which should be here this weekend so all being well it will get a full going over and then out for lots of pictures.

I've already put a few Mini bits on my birthday list so heres hoping :)

Plans for the future include:

- Full JCW Aerokit
- Suspension revamp (coilovers, control arms, ARBs, etc, etc, etc)
- Replacement alloys without runflats (probably another set of JCW R112s)

After that's all done then I will be happy visually and will probably start on tuning, something along the lines of the JCW intake and exhaust systems, Forge FMIC and an Evolve downpipe and remap (obviously things may change as more tuners start playing).

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Si

·
I Like Turtles.
1,285 Posts
Your plans are in the exact same order as mine were, first thing should be aero kit , ditch the alloys and run flats then get coilovers. Car will be transformed literally. You'll think it handed like a bucket of aids before hand i promice :D

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Nice, congrats, great mod list too :thumbup1:

Unless you're going for the OEM look, I'd recommend you give aftermarket wheels a thought. I'm sure there is Rota rim out there for you. Rota wheels are a lot (2.5+ Kg per corner...) lighter than any 17" OEM wheel, so much better handling. But ditching the runflats is a good start.

JCW steering wheel should be on your list. Best bang for buck mod me thinks. They go for about £200-220 on eBay these days.

Thats at least 4 black fiddy six S's on here now!??
Can you feel the Dark Side pulling, batou?

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
is it that much nicer?
It's thicker and has a slightly smaller diameter. I guess it's personal taste and preference, but I'm loving mine. Could be placebo, but it adds more confidence to steering on track and on twisty B roads.

Try one if you can.

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for all the comments guys :thumbup:

Plenty of plans for the future, just need to find the buck to cover it all first.

Rota rims are a definate possibility, I do like the look of some of them. Also a few BBS designs look quite tasty. I guess the R112s are only really on my mind because I loved them on my old R53, but they weren't a dime a dozen on them like they are on the R56...

I have been considering some JCW interior bits, the steering wheel is nice and I desperately need to replace the standard gearknob - too large, odd shape top and too light means that it lacks that feeling of control when fast shifting.

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I gave the car its first wash today, nothing too detailed just a quick wash and dry.

It came out quite well so thought I would share a few pictures with you good people :D

Here goes:

It gave me a good chance to try out a few new cleaning bits, they were:

- Chemical Guys Extreme Bodywash and Wax
- Sonus sheepskin washmitt
- Clean Your Car drying towel

The CG bodywash was great to use, sparing and produced a lovely shine with ease. The sheepskin washmitt aided in the process and the drying towel left a streak free finish :D

Not bad work for sub £20 worth of cleaning products, a warm sunny day and a novice car cleaner.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Simon

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers dude, I'm pretty sure the standard R56 was Mini's inspiration for the Countryman lol

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was my birthday yesterday and my other half made sure that I (the Mini) was well treated. This meant the addition of a JCW bonnet grille and JCW checkered floor mats.

I fitted them today and gave the car a quick wash. I must say that I'm over the moon with the end result, both parts have made a fantastic visual improvement in my opinion :D

Please excuse the iPhone camera quality, will aim for better pictures later in the week:

As always, comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Si

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Not really feeling the floor mats but the grill looks better, say no to chrome!!

As said above, get the steering wheel, it makes a massive difference!

·
R56 JCW
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers for the comments guys :thumbup:

I love the mats but when I first saw them it was against all black leather which is where I think that I eventually want to go. Must agree though that there is a bit too many colour variations at present.... Will aim to rectify over time :)

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Nice additions. Where did you get the grille btw? Needing a new one as mine still has the spotlight holes in it which is a gutter

If you plan to de-chrome and fancy selling the chrome mirror caps fire me a message :wink:

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Great improvement that black grille surround!

The floor mats aren't bad, but as you mentioned yourself, there's a bit much going on at the moment. Have you considered the black fJCW floor mats that have the JCW logo and red piping?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts