MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’ve got a side light bulb out, checked in the manual, even watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to change them.

Now I’m not a total spanner but I can’t get them out at all, they turn to the horizontal position but that’s as far as I can get them out, what am I doing wrong!!

Please help me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
you'll need grips to tease the holder out, to refit spray some wd or similar but the holder will be a little misshaped, also the terminals will likely get flattened as it won't be a breeze, so test the bulb is constant prior to refitting ;O)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve soaked them for the last hour in wd40 and they go all the way round but won’t come out, getting pretty frustrated, especially passenger side, who thought putting the washer bottle around the light needs to be beaten with a pointy stick!!

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
yes the bottle is a bit weird, not as bad as the A/C lines that go in opposite directions out of the compressor, that was the brainchild of a total fuckwit, it will come out, I did one the other day with big swan necks/water pump pliers some call them, squashed the holder a bit but managed to save and tidy it, 90 degrees and out....eventually,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was using pump pliers but maybe now they’ve soaked all night I might have another crack tomorrow after work, I can get the 90 turn just not the removal of the bulb holder. I’m supposed to be having an mot at the weekend if we’re not on total lock down, so trying to making sure it shouldn’t fail!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts