MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't seem to find a thread amongst the million coilovers topics for pictures of lowered minis, so thought it would be a good excuse for you to show off your lowered cars, whilst also helping me and others decide on which coilovers they might fancy :thumbup:

Searched google but rarely does it state what coilovers there on. I'm debating meister r crd+, and would like to see what they look like wound right down on 17's.

Mostly interested in r53's on coilovers so fire away, please state what coilovers and if there right down or not and wheel size please.

Cheers and probably in wrong section.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
You can click on the garage link under my name to left of this message.

17s et 37, 12mm spacer rear, 5mm spacer front. Nankang ns2r 205/40.

KW V1 no where near wound all the way down.

Had to angle grind the metal under the rear arch trim to stop rubbing.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,546 Posts
Not a bad idea for a thread tbh

Might be worth a sticky if people post enough

Here's mine (gonna whore this out)

Meister CRDs, rears as low as they'll go, fronts could come down more but don't need to. 15" TD 1.2s with 205/50 Federal RSRs with R56S brakes barely fitting under them

·
Registered
878 Posts
AP coilovers, about 2/3 of the way down, 15x7 et30 TD Pro Race 3s with 205/50 tyres:

With APs 20m from bottom at front, all the way down at the rear. It broke a driveshaft so don't go this low, 17x7.5 et30Brock RC01 with 195/40 tyres. Cut the bumper, arch liners, arch trims and still couldn't get a finger in the arch even with the stretched tyres:

Current clearance:

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice guys! A similar thread on cs took off well a good few years back:thumbup1:

Like them on 15's didn't know r56 brakes fit under them

·
Bugger
25,330 Posts
My Cooper (pre moss) with D2's all the way down (both cars on ET38 17x7 Pro Race 1.2's with 205-40-17's)

DSC_0058.jpg

My old S with JIC Cross Comps about 35mm down

IMG00052-20091014-1628.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
BC RM all the way down at the front and pretty much the same on the rear

BC BR with short dampers and springs valved to 14k all the way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,694 Posts
I couldn't seem to find a thread amongst the million coilovers topics for pictures of lowered minis, so thought it would be a good excuse for you to show off your lowered cars, whilst also helping me and others decide on which coilovers they might fancy :thumbup:

Searched google but rarely does it state what coilovers there on. I'm debating meister r crd+, and would like to see what they look like wound right down on 17's.

Mostly interested in r53's on coilovers so fire away, please state what coilovers and if there right down or not and wheel size please.

Cheers and probably in wrong section.
You need to state if you want coilovers for the track,
or to make it easier for hookers to get in your car...:lol:
Seems most of the photos shared so far are for the latter option:party:

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need to state if you want coilovers for the track,
or to make it easier for hookers to get in your car...:lol:
Seems most of the photos shared so far are for the latter option:party:
Fast road and the odd track day, but with potential to go full on track car at some point ( who knows )

Not required for slack whores though :thumbup1:

·
GMR Design UK ltd
84 Posts
Tein street advance, didn't buy them for the lows more the handling benefits and I've not been disappointed.

This is wound right down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,546 Posts
What's pre moss?
His lordship abandoned his car to the elements to go gallivanting in the mountains. Upon his return he realised his car was no longer red but a shade of earthy green having been reclaimed by nature

I can confirm that it is no longer moss covered having seen it last Saturday. Was extremely tempted to steal his dash top

1 - 20 of 75 Posts