MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance. It's dull, but necessary.

I was originally with Axa, whose small print about modifications was sufficiently loose that I thought I'd chance it and call them when I had a few mods done to change my policy.
Turns out the small print is largely b*llocks, and they had no interest in covering a bucket seat and harnesses.

A friend put me onto Greenlight, who insure his track Clio (see the Ring group photo on my Project thread). I filled in a form, and after 5min on the phone I had a better price than I was paying Axa (good by London standards!) and all my modifications automatically covered. They only asked me to call them if I did anything which increased the power, as they'd need to requote.

Can't recommend Greenlight enough.
If you have a modified car, don't chance it by not declaring. Don't think that Admiral/Elephant will pay out what they owe you, even if they cover you. Don't put up with cr*ppy service from Adrian Flux.

Just to note, I'm in no way affiliated with Greenlight Insurance. I just love getting good service, and think it's always worth sharing.

·
Registered
955 Posts
They smashed all competition for me last year with a fair list of mods declared. Renewal coming up in this month so will need to see what they’re like this time round too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spot on, I use them too for both my Mini's. Tend to play Greenlight, Sky and Adrian Flux off each other but for the last two years, Greenlight have beat the competition so I've stuck with them.
I've never tried Sky, but Flux will not get a single penny from me after the dreadful service I had from them. I cancelled my policy mid-year on principle.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Just renewed with Greenlight who gave me the exact same price as last year which was good back then, and it turns out is cheaper than my everyday estate car.

Keep up the good prices and service Greenlight and you'll keep my custom.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should still try A-plan, they beat everyone for me.
I actually drove past an A-Plan office the other day, in SW London. A physical office! And it was huge.

I didn't think such thing even existed these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts