MiniTorque.com banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
3 Sisters 18 July.
After last weekend at Scammonden I decided to invest in some 1B tyres as I have a few more events booked and thought its the cheapest way to go a bit quicker. I managed to get an order in for some Extreme VR2 tyres in soft compound which everyone is using, these should have arrived for friday but DHL lost them in the network grrrrr
So ran on my PS4 on sunday. In my class was the Megane, Astra vxr, and a 400hp scooby so thought 2nd or 3rd should be achievable.
Practice went ok then on my 1st timed run I put in my PB of 52.08 nearly 2.5 secs quicker than anyone ! and for some reason I could not beat this all day and stayed around the mid 52's whilst everyone edged closer and on the final run the scooby went into the 51 secs and I finished 2nd leaving me to wonder how much quicker the VR2 tyres would have been as some sprinters have said 2 seconds improvements on them. Ah well theres always next time.
I am still struggling with 50 + AIT even after pooring water on the cooler and parking with the bonnet up for as long as possible, looks like something I will just have to live with.
I have bought a very good condition set of R112 wheels and my tyres turned up today so the will be on for my next event on 7th Aug at 3 sisters.
I also enquired at 1320 for a cam,injectors and map but they are booked up until October so thats well after the season finishes so no engine mods for this year.
I may try and fit a decent manifold and sports cat and either have the manifold wrapped or painted with a heat proof coating but unsure whether I really need the manifold changing as no plans on a ported head as they are far too expensive.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sounds like you’re doing well

I’d just drop a mild cam in it which doesn’t need injectors or mapping generally, try a PH1/2, help/keep the power in the low/mid out of the heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
My new wheels have had the sticky tyres fitted in time for my next event at 3 Sisters which is on sat. Looks like a rather wet weekend so unlikely they will get used 🙄
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yesterday was probably the wettest that I have raced in however it was a very enjoyable day despite the rain.
I quite like it when the track is wet as it levels off the really powerful cars and give me a chance to concentrate on being smooth and trying different lines etc which will hopefully make me quicker in the dry. I managed to finish 2nd against some very track focused cars which helped me massively as my Ohlins and PS4 tyres worked exceptionally well in the wet.Also 23rd out of 70 cars beating a Yaris Gr4 and only 0.7 away from another Gr4 which if you believe the hype are THE ultimate b road blaster !
I even picked up a trophy !
Motor vehicle Hood Light Automotive design Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I have a PH1/2 cam here for that, might give it a low/mid lift.... keep it GRe4t haha (at least in the wet)

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Managed to upload to youtube after a load of tinternet hassle !

I've not filmed my runs for a while but they are good for looking at for errors etc and one thing I have to improve is hand position on the wheel, this is something I would have not noticed unless I saw it.
I also left my camera running after this run so ended up with a flat battery :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Well that happened 10years earlier than expected.
Cheapest used Circuit Pack on Pistonheads £35,999.
Brand new fully loaded Circuit Packs were £33,520.
Imagine driving something for 2500 miles and it being worth £2.5k more. Who'd have predicted that🤣
Heavens knows what theyll be in 10-20years!
Also been named Clarksons car of the year.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Yep crazy, but my M135 I bought in March has gone up £3900 and it’s boring as..I did drive a GRY a couple of weeks back and thinking of changing to one so the increase on my M135 means it’s much the same price. It’s a mad time we live in.
On another note I was looking to get another mk1 Cooper S and was very tempted to bid up to £15000 on the blue ex police car on eBay it got to nearly £40000 but didn’t make the reserve 😲

61 - 80 of 83 Posts