MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hi shiftspark, love the car!!

I’m looking to copy your alcantara trim (sorry) on the IP supports. Is it something you bought as a piece of pre-stitched trim, or did you start completely from scratch?

Mark
Hi Mark
I bought them a while ago in a group buy, I think it was R53 owners club on faceache.I am not on there anymore but worth a look.
They are quite difficult to get on without small creases which are out of sight thankfully. If I did them again I would use glue that allows movement as I used impact adhesive.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Today I refitted my Ohlins to get ready for Oulton park in dec although today’s COVID news may prevent it going ahead.
Anyway the last time I fitted them I had somehow managed to fit the front springs on the rear and vice versa :rolleyes: and only noticed when refitting them. This is why my front tyres were really close to the springs as they are 2 different lengths.
Before
8A9A2E25-CF0D-4E01-AF9B-300EB3844CA0.jpeg
05015F12-DFB1-4031-B87D-3D0FF406D729.jpeg

After.
Hoping for some good Black Friday deals as looking for tyres,brake pads and Alta rear arms.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hi Sean
Sorry I meant Hardrace arms , dunno where I got Alta from 😆 I am going to try Mintex M1144 as these will work for sprints from cold and track day is a bit of fun as usually bored by lunch.
, ha.
Just ordered 4 x PS4 which are £367 fitted on the drive which is cheap via tyresonthedrive with 15% off.
Going to fit alloy arms and a new ARB but not sure the Whiteline at 21mm are thick enough as the Hotchkiss are 23mm ?? Anyone offer any tips ?
Cheers.
Not sure on the tier stuff except in tier 3

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Hotchkis are 25.5 and imo are great, start it low perhaps, I run mine with just this, front now removed entirely,

price sounds good for the tyres, what size? I did consider them in 225/45r17 only for road really

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
215 45 17.
Looking on the hotchkiss page and says the 25.5mm bar gives plus 226% 234% and 383% increases !
20mm Whiteline Over the factory 17mm bar, this will increase stiffness by approx 56% / 92% / 133%. Which seems a waste of time.
Alta from Lohen at 22mm increases it to 330 over standard and is cheaper that Hotchkiss.
Thinking maybe Hotchkiss is too much ?

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I think it was Whiteline fitted to mine? and for the road it was perfect for me. Turn in was great and on the often wet and muddy crountry lanes near me, the rear was planted too.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
😂

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I had the MPS4 tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago in time for Oulton park tomorrow. Looks like a wet day though so 🤷‍♂️
Just bought some oil to top up and some coolant from MINI as it was just on the bottom level i didn’t think it was bad for £12 for 1 1/2 litres.
Ill see if I can rig the go pro up and get some video. :)

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Quick update from yesterday at Oulton park, arrived to a dark wet track to find my garage like most full of water and as luck would have it a 15mm deep puddle when I put my foot out of the car which gave me wet feet from the off.
The track stayed wet all day although I found the grip to very good and predictable and thankfully few red flags.
The MPS4 tyres are excellent in the wet giving good feed back and grip.The Mini behaved itself all day except for a soft brake pedal after the 1st session which gradually got worse and resulted in a black flag on my last lap as sparks were coming from both front wheels !
The car handled superbly on the Ohlins and I managed to easily catch a couple of moments going into lodge and deers leap and later in the day a huge moment into old hall.
I will get to look at the brakes tomorrow and fingers crossed there’s no disc damage.
I ran on standard pads as I had no time to fit the M1144 and thought that the standard ones would be good enough for a wet track day proved wrong.
I also think that the M1144 will not be up to a summer track day but should be good for sprinting if anything goes ahead next year.
I think the wheels look good darker with all the brake dust on :unsure:
44A400AD-AF71-45C5-B77A-5D07729B2969.jpeg

and a closer look at the front wheel with all the dust and rust stains from the brakes.
CDB07D56-D5B6-409A-994A-C4C654322E02.jpeg

41 - 53 of 53 Posts