MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Well that happened 10years earlier than expected.
Cheapest used Circuit Pack on Pistonheads £35,999.
Brand new fully loaded Circuit Packs were £33,520.
Imagine driving something for 2500 miles and it being worth £2.5k more. Who'd have predicted that🤣
Heavens knows what theyll be in 10-20years!
Also been named Clarksons car of the year.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
looking at the plug bodies I suspect it's possible both could have been loose? It looks like it's been burning oil, was there oil top side from a plug tube seal type leak? If so I'd resolve that, new (better) plugs, recheck after some normal use if there are no other obvious symptoms or codes, just renew the filter with the same imo.

without symptoms I doubt I'd be comp or leak testing cylinders potentially affected by the consequences of this just yet but that's me.
🤣 It takes all of 5 minutes to do a compression test.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Yes seems ok but taking it out this after for a longer run.
Will need a new filter but will have to wait until Lohen or orrange open
Thats good. Put a few miles on it then whip the plug out and give it a check.
Even if the rocker cover/spark plug o ring was leaking it would pool on top of the plug not in the cylinder.
It takes no time at all to do a compression check, if youve got the tool, its what Id do but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Result on the compression test (y) .
It only leaves the injector, leads or coil.
Check the leads and coil for corrosion on the connectors. Reasonably inexpensive to replace if faulty.
Yeah injectors can leak.
Personally Id clean the plug, connect them back to the leads and turn the engine over to make sure they spark as expected. Doing it in low light or darkness is good for visual. As you wont be running the car you can put number 2 lead on number 3 coil for example and again check for spark quality. This will distinguish between leads or coil.
If thats all good it only leaves the injector, you could swap this injector to another cylinder to see if the fault moves with it. If it does youve got your culprit.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
No you dont need to take it apart - just yet anyway.
Work through your elimination process.
You can get phone attaching bore scopes which could be very useful.
What were your compression results? Did you do them dry and then with a drop of oil in?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Ah thats such a shame.
Id expect wear and tear to roughly evenly wear all the valve seals equally but its always possible just one has failed. Picked up some debris or something.
Its also possible it is just the rings, theyre clearly all worn and it could be the oil scraper thats failed on this cylinder.
Think Id lean towards the valve stem seal but thats nothings more than a guess.
I dont know what to suggest if you were thinking of moving it on anyway.
Sorry buddy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts