MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Seats look great!
Thank you!

I finished suede wrapping both arm rests and the passenger side dash panel, going to work on the drivers side tonight. I have one little thing I want to do on the passenger side before installation, I just need to test and see how it looks...

Trying to find the motivation to go outside and sort out the timing issue, but the weather has been a little colder and wetter than I prefer lately. I'll probably take care of it this weekend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not super thrilled with these photos, but whatever. I figured I would show off some of the new interior. Getting closer in the blackout process, most notably the red is all gone, and the dash panels / arm pads have been wrapped in suede. I also laser etched a 'S' logo on the passenger side dash panel, just as a subtle detail. Working on blacking out the silver rings next, and will eventually replace the gauge faces and center console pieces.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not the best pictures, and I still have a bit to finish up, but my new gauges are pretty much done. I wanted to emulate the MK4 Volkswagen gauge colors, and I think it looks pretty good considering there wasn't anything that actually matched the Volkswagen Indigo color. I of course didn't just stop with the gauges, and switched every single orange LED in the car to red, completing the whole theme.

I still need to paint the silver trim rings, and I do want to get black gauge faces, but I still am considering CarPlay in the near future... I'd hate to spend the money on the gauge faces just to replace the stereo and want to change that speedometer gauge up again.

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
that'd be easy on the eyes with night driving, looks pretty good imo

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
that'd be easy on the eyes with night driving, looks pretty good imo
Interestingly, someone on another forum said the opposite and that amber and red are best. I’m not too concerned either way, as I love how it looks and tend to balance form and function. Thank you btw!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts