MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just done 5 days in Scotland experiencing some fantastic roads, including parts of the NC500.

Decided against taking the Mini in the end and felt justified with that as there is no way it would’ve made it down some of the goat tracks that have been classified as a B road 🤦‍♂️ 🙈 😂

Now the content isn’t Mini related but as there was a Mini in our group I thought I’d share 😂 👍🏼

Pictures really don’t do this place justice, the roads and scenery are simply epic, as a combination together I’m not sure they can be beaten.

If anyone is considering the trip my only words of advice would be go and experience it, if you like road trips you won’t be disappointed. I’m not sure which day / area I enjoyed more. The Cairngorms were great, the far north was great, Isle of Skye was great as were the roads close to Fort William

And now for some obligatory pics of mountains and cars 😀😎😂

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
282 Posts
I’ve just booked a trip on the sleeper train to Inverness where we will hire a car for a road trip back to our caravan in Carlisle

we have a day in the Inverness area, staying there overnight, then down to oban, again an overnight stay, onward to just south of Glasgow For another night then back to Cumbria via Dumfries and Galloway for a night in the caravan before heading back to crewe

looking forward to it as not been to Scotland for ages, certainly never driven around the highlands (apart from trains!)

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve just booked a trip on the sleeper train to Inverness where we will hire a car for a road trip back to our caravan in Carlisle

we have a day in the Inverness area, staying there overnight, then down to oban, again an overnight stay, onward to just south of Glasgow For another night then back to Cumbria via Dumfries and Galloway for a night in the caravan before heading back to crewe

looking forward to it as not been to Scotland for ages, certainly never driven around the highlands (apart from trains!)
you should definitely try and squeeze it in when you’re doing a commute like that. It’s definitely worth the detour

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
we plan to do similar on the bikes (motor) at some point, hopefully before it turns into the next destination covered in stupid yellow average speed cameras, I suspect this is an inevitability, looks great though, made for Mini's ;O)

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we plan to do similar on the bikes (motor) at some point, hopefully before it turns into the next destination covered in stupid yellow average speed cameras, I suspect this is an inevitability, looks great though, made for Mini's ;O)
You defiantly should Sean, although not sure I could ever do that kind of mileage on a bike 🙈😂

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,481 Posts
I'm in Scotland right now. It's pissing it down #standard

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts