MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scangauge 2 no longer connects to R53, but works fine in R55, any idea?

Hi all, I'm after some help. My scangauge 2 has been connected to my R53 for the last 2 years with no issue. Then suddenly a few weeks ago its stopped working, it would just hang on the Connecting screen then switch off eventually.

Untitled by James Baker, on Flickr

So I tried disconnecting it then reconnecting and nothing would make it work. I plugged it into the R55 and it works fine. I tried plugging my ultragauge into the R53 just incase the OBD port was faulty but that works fine in the R53, proving there must be an issue with the scangauge suddenly not wanting to connect to the R53. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorted thanks to Scangauge who got back to me in minutes

If you press MORE then SETUP then top right button to ADV SETTINGS then top right until you find PIDS then using the middle right or bottom left button press until it says SUPPORTED

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,133 Posts
Ah I see. Your car is definitely OBDII but these particular ones are second and third gen specific. A standard scangauge II will read all of the available data from the R53's OBD port, but then again something like an Ultragauge is in my opinion better looking and quite a bit cheaper. If cost is a consideration then any generic OBDII gauge will display the same info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts