MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I know someone who works at Cooper Teesside MINI, he told me there was a GP there waiting to be picked up earlier so I went along to have a look as I live fairly close.

When I've seen the photos they've looked great but I've always thought I preferred the first GP.

Seeing this in the metal changed my mind! I loved the colour coded arches and gloss diffuser. Hopefully the owner is on the forum and has lots more photos than me! I've blanked the plate for the privacy of the owner.

ENJOY!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mini
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle City car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Mini
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
405 Posts
I appreciate the fact that it the quickest mini etc but I just can't get on with the styling.

Prefer looks of GP1 but wouldn't turn down a a drive of one of these.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The last picture is probably the best representation of the actual colour, it's gorgeous.

I've always thought the same about the wheels, but they just looked so right. I just don't understand MINIs thinking with that wheel gap, it's a GP what are they doing?!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Think I know the owner of this one, my brothers also just picked his up today and in real life they are awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too many stickers
I agree, I saw pictures of one in Japan I think it was, and the owner had taken the stickers off. Looked much cleaner, having said that, it did just look like a JCW. With the first GP the unique bodykit set it apart, I really think they could/should have tried harder with this. Not too hard so it's over the top, just slightly different do every JCW.

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I know the owner of this one, my brothers also just picked his up today and in real life they are awesome!
He was a middle aged guy, I saw him getting in. Are his initials KBZ by any chance?

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a fair chance it's him haha! Is he local? Would love to see it around!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Think it's thornaby or ingleby barwick he's from, he had a red/black jcw coupe with a lot of extras then a focus rs and a special TT thing

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Think it's thornaby or ingleby barwick he's from, he had a red/black jcw coupe with a lot of extras then a focus rs and a special TT thing
Yeah that's him then! Hopefully he'll use it and I'll see it around!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Can think of a few things I'd rather spend all that money on!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also saw one of these today stuck in traffic in the centre of Taunton. I had a good look as I drove past.

I decided at that moment that I wanted one!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts