MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 874 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks. In 2007 I turned 17 and had my hopes up on getting a Mini for a couple years prior.

Once the appropriate funds were I picked up a 2002 Mini ONE in Pure Silver. It ended up looking like this..

After 2 years of ownership It became evident it was a Friday afternoon build. In the 2 years (20k miles) the car tore through 3 gearboxes and an engine.

In 2009 I sold it and switched up to an Astro Black R53

Absolutely loved this car and it's the car I miss the most. Just a shame I payed too much for it when I bought it and after just 8 months of ownership I realised I had lost £4k...fucking cheers!

In February 2010 it was sold and made way for GP 1299

The car was only treated to a set of Joey'd headlights and a stubby :laugh: Basically the supercharger was completely fucked and the dealer refused to fix it. After phone calls back and forth trying to sort the issue out I handed the car back for a full refund after 2 weeks.

Luckily I knew someone with a standard low mileage example for sale, a deal was sorted out for GP 0721. You can read the project thread HERE

This was no doubt my favourite car I owned. It turned a fair few heads on its silly little red wheels and it seemed to annoy a fair few GP owners. Running country roads to work every day with a 50mm drop combined with the GP bodykit was destined for problems though. Splitter fell off the car about 3 times from hitting stones on the road, and the side skirts bounced off the ground whilst going through corners at speed.

After 8 months of ownership I had itchy feet for a change. I have always fancied an R56 so thought I'd lookout for one and give it a try. A couple months of searching turned up a decent example. Put a deposit down on it and went down to collect it the other day.

Spec

- Midnight Black Metallic
- CHILI Pack
- Colour Line Rooster Red
- Front Centre Arm Rest
- Front Seat Heating
- Full Bluetooth with USB.
- Hi-Fi
- Media Pack
- Multi-func. Steering Whl
- Sports Suspension
- Visibility Pack
- JCW Recaro Alcantara Seats
- PDC

Mods to be fitted

- KW Clubsports
- Alta ARB & Adjustable End Links
- Hotchkiss Rear Control Arms

Heres some quick pictures of the car. A set of Silver R112's are going on Friday

·
BRG R53 Cooper S
2,617 Posts
Cant wait to see this with lows ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
you made the right choice on wheels! those ones on ATM are not nice at all!

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Again, congrats mate, you know what I think of black JCWs. Loving the red dash trim and the seats. I might get myself a set of those recaros when we no longer have to use the maxi cosi for our little boy (I'll get him his own Recaro!).

You must be missing the noise of a scraping front splitter eh? Still braking for speed bumps?

No Forge FMIC and high flow airfilter on your list?

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers folks! Heres a couple of quick photoshops I did earlier, this is how it should look soon. Vhypers on the case for some duell additions too

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You must be missing the noise of a scraping front splitter eh? Still braking for speed bumps?

No Forge FMIC and high flow airfilter on your list?
Haha most definitely, hopefully can mount the coils soon as the wheelgap is a nightmare. Theres no excuse for a car sitting like shit ha

Yes those will be on the cards, need to speak to you about what to opt for first :D

·
Throttle Junkie
3,730 Posts
Looks awesome dropped. I'm not feeling those wheels tbh but they might just grow on me. ATS DTC would look cuntin.

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
Looks awesome dropped. I'm not feeling those wheels tbh but they might just grow on me. ATS DTC would look cuntin.
hard to get hold of now there not made :(

1 - 20 of 874 Posts