MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there people,

I would like your opinion on rust proofing a MCS 2007 I can see some rust on the wheel struts under the chassis. I was thinking of waxoyilng the car. What is your opinion on this and/or suggestions.

:blink:

·
Chop it
3,798 Posts
depends on the time you plan to keep the car. if it is a forever car then go for it. Most costal cars are having quite rusty subframes but the shells are good. I would suggest that there isn't much need unless you plan to keep the car for a very long time 15 - 20 years if not then probably not worth it. The sub frames will quite easily do 15-20 years and the body well lets wait and see :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello there people,

I would like your opinion on rust proofing a MCS 2007 I can see some rust on the wheel struts under the chassis. I was thinking of waxoyilng the car. What is your opinion on this and/or suggestions.

:blink:
If yr going to do some rustproofing I would recomend using dinitrol cavity wax it's miles better than waxoyl
And you can use it on the underbody aswell as cavities check it out on e bay you get three 500 ml cans for £25 brilliant stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing is that I don't have the space or the equipment needed for doing it on my own. Also as rkde said it might not worth it for a modern car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
^^ what prep work do you need to do for this? Or is it just a case of spraying it on?
All you need to make sure off is the car is free from dirt + mud and its dry,then simply give the parts you want rustproofing a light spray over,i did a whole car in a few days when the weather was nice i just did the bits i could see at my own leisure,it dont make a mess because you only need to do the suspension parts and they look as new when sprayed with dinitrol, i never did the inside of the doors because when i removed a panel the insides are covered with the stuff already from the factory, the dinitrol stuff is the same stuff used on all new cars, when you order the dinitrol i got a long straw already supplied with the cans of aerosol and these allow you to get into cavities without removing panels etc, its an easy job and well worth doing because when you look under the arches the car looks like new i gave all my suspension arms a light spray over and the struts and it s so much better. go to www.dinitrol.co.uk but its a bit cheaper to buy from e,bay because you get free postage.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
i'm quite tempted to have a go at this, i might have a go at rust treating and painting some of the rusty part first as mine is quite nasty in a few places

1 - 8 of 8 Posts