MiniTorque.com banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Fitted the spacers at the front today and glad I did as there was definitely signs of the tyres rubbing on the Coilovers a bit. Only went for 5mm but its made the fitment much better.

Before

After

And the other side

Now I've got these ones on I really need some for the backs. I'm thinking of some 10mms for the backs

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'd leave the rears, or fit the 5's perhaps and 11's up front, it'll likely look better when you switch to 215/45 sometime if inclined

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I'd leave the rears, or fit the 5's perhaps and 11's up front, it'll likely look better when you switch to 215/45 sometime if inclined
Why would you not space the rears out of interest? I would be doing just for the look more than anything as the wheels tuck in a lot at the back as they are now

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Since drilling out the holes for the Coilovers on the rear and driving it a bit, the setup is all wrong! It's super bouncy to the point it's undrivable. It's currently in with a mechanic who has told me that the spring rates are all wrong for them. I am going to go back to standard now and get a refund for them as they are not safe!

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So after the horror show of the coilovers I have returned the car back to the original suspension and am currently trying to get the money back for them. They were just wrong at the back, the fronts were fine but I don't know what was wrong with the rear ones but it made the car undriveable! Since that I have kinda been put off doing anything to the car for a while until I can afford some more expensive coilovers that I know will be right.

However, I have done a bit of work on the car today as the fog lights had seen better days and I couldn't get the bulbs out to change them.

I replaced the whole fog light assembly on both sides with new bulb holders and bulbs and what a dffierence they make.

Also gave it a good clean with my new snowfoam gun

Since the remap I have been getting some clutch slip so I have ordered an upgraded one from CG motorsports which can handle 40% more power to make sure I don't have to do this job again if I go for more power in the future. I am getting it fitted on monday and can't wait to finally be able to drive the car properly again!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts