MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks lovely that. Ive got a Scanguage II and the one thing I dislike is the look.
Yeah I really like the look of this one and it has so many options I haven't even got through yet. Was a bit pricey even with discount

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As I am off today I thought I would treat my mini to some Christmas loving while I had a chance.

First off I have always hated how rubbish the speakers sound and after a bit of research I found out about the channel swap that can be done. I was a bit skeptical about it but now its done I can't believe how much of a difference it made. I was going to upgrade the speakers but I dont see the need to know. This is what I followed to do it, I didn't take any photos while I was doing it but the connector is in the passenger footwell and I used a TX20 to pop the connectors out on the female side after sliding the plastic sleeve up.

Next up I finally got rid of the union jack on the roof, I got one of these Glue wheels for my drill and it made light work of it. Still a bit of glue and residue on the roof I need to scrub off but overall its so much better

Then gave it a damn good wash

Very happy with how the car looks now. Here's a comparison photo of how the car looked when I brought it to what its like now

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,652 Posts
I've been wondering how good those wheels are. Seems a good bit of kit

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've been wondering how good those wheels are. Seems a good bit of kit

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
They are really good, I have used one before on a previous car! If you do get one just remember youve got to apply a lot of presure with it but it wont damage the paint even if you feel like you might

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I've treated myself to an exhaust system with my Christmas bonus from work. It's a £200 ebay system that I was a bit sceptical about but it went on easily and fits well.

It's definitely a loud system when you boot it or around town, but when driving on the motorway its not that much louder than stock.

Will get a video up soon when the weather is a bit nicer

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Here's a video of the exhaust, as you can hear it's very boomy so I think I'm going to refit the standard piping and center silencer and just go with the back box from the system. As I drive 70 miles a day I can't deal with the noise anymore unfortunately

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Yeah not the kinda sound Id go for, refit the cat and then see what you think before putting another silencer back.

·
Registered
2008 R56 Mini Cooper S
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah not the kinda sound Id go for, refit the cat and then see what you think before putting another silencer back.
Sorry wasnt very clear on my post I meant the piping from the cat backwards, I haven't removed the cat. So I will be refitting the middle silencer to try and quieten it down.

The next little thing I did today was mod the Dipstick as it has been a pain to read and I found I was actually 2 litres low of oil the other day when I finally got a reading off it. I saw this online and I must say it makes it so much easier to read! I filed 2 sides flat and put some grooves in it and now it works so much better! I didn't really fancy spending £70 on the cravenspeed one and now I'm glad I didn't!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts