MiniTorque.com banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts

Arrived! Got em for £300 seem ok, no damage apart from a bit of rust, good clean they should be good to get me going.

Anyone used these ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They look like the Bilsteins run in MINI Challenge back when the R53 JCW was the premier class, around 10+ years ago. Although that rear spring looks like it doesn't belong there at all, I'm guessing the spring rate marking is missing based on the state of them?

I'd recommend you contact Bilstein and ask for clarification on the spring rates they used to use, and perhaps request a service on them if they are indeed 10 years old.

I ran Bilstein B16 PSS10's for one round of MINI Challenge with my R53 in 2016, but replaced them with a custom set of KW Clubsports immediately after. The Bilstein's were too soft, and didn't offer the adjustment we required. But I can imagine yours are quite different to the PSS10's.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Thanks for that pal, the cars with Elliot at EDM and he’s looking over them / fitting them, just spent so much on the car thought they would hopefully do the trick for the 1st few rounds, to get some track time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for that pal, the cars with Elliot at EDM and he’s looking over them / fitting them, just spent so much on the car thought they would hopefully do the trick for the 1st few rounds, to get some track time.

If it's with Elliot, then he should do a good job :thumbup:

What series are you planning on racing in?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Yeh he’s done most of the work and super job! Planning on turbo tin tops, judging by the Facebook comments seems to be a few minis entering,

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I will be at Oulton Park for track day 20th March hopefully and racing there end of may.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I'm back! Passed out of basic training last week so I'm back in the Mini for 2 weeks and loving it, plus I can take it to my next stage of training where there's a car club and workshop to be able to work on it :) sadly the old man couldn't find time to do the supercharger service while I was away so that's happening this weekend as well as the smaller pulley going on, I've also celebrated pass out by ordering a LEAP diffuser and will be ordering a G-Wing and either LEAP or Atomspeed scoop when the wings come back in stock which will hopefully be very soon. Either way it's good to be back on the forums again, hope everyone's well?

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Aha, Caffeine and Machine, was there for a bite the other friday.....:laugh:
It's a good un, I'm local to it so I was there fairly regularly up until a few months ago. Some decent cars and the staff are a friendly bunch so it's always a nice trip!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
G-Wing has arrived, bodyshop were a joke and wanted £175 to paint the bloody thing! £50 in halfords later and I walked out with lots of sandpaper, primer, paint and clearcoat and did it myself, nowhere near bodyshop standard but I'm not too bothered, it's a daily driver anyway so it'll never be pristine, hopefully fitting that later today or tomorrow. Also have the LEAP scoop and their new diffuser ordered, the scoop should be in next week and the diffuser at the end of September (I think) so we'll see what they look like

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
where's the pictures :laugh: before and afters

I agree £175's a bit steep, maybe £75 - 100 tops, it could have been painted at the same time they were doing other panels rather than a one off for you

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would have haggled. 75 or 100 is about right. As tempting as it is you'll never get as quality of a finish when you do it yourself with rattle cans. Was there no other body shops you could have asked to quote on the job?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Here's a pic following fitting ? as for the questions about the bodyshops, I asked several and it seems like I live in a shit area for them. One was the ridiculous quote and the others either wouldn't do it because it's not a big enough job to make much money from or were too busy to get it done in the timescale I needed it done by. It looks alright as long as it's not inspected too closely :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
It's been on since I got the car and then some tbh haha, the heat over the last couple of summers has well and truly done it in though and it needs replacing. All the black parts have cracked and the silver cross has got bad marks on it, but I prefer it over the normal coloured union jacks, think they're a bit too garish for my liking

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Quick update on the car, it is still alive ? LEAP diffuser arrived and has been fitted, I also have the scoop here too but that's not been painted mainly because I've not been about to sort it out for quite some time. However a chap local to my barracks decided he'd had enough of his R53 and parted it out, so I got the forged engine out of it that had only done 1000 miles. Wossner pistons, ZRP rods, King bearings, Newman PH2 cam which is getting binned for a catcam and a baffled sump on there as well. Roll on a turbo kit!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Do you need a bodyshop? Solihull close at all?

Solihull's very close to me actually, I'm in Warwick so only 15-20 miles! Unfortunately I live and work in Wiltshire during the week and only come home every other weekend, so timing isn't what you'd call flexible. If you know anyone who's flexible enough to deal with that though and not going to rip me off that'd be a massive help?

61 - 80 of 82 Posts