MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hey they are not much heavier than Sparco Asetto Garas.
But the price makes up for the Autecs, really like them myself.
Yeah they're still pretty light to be fair. Nearly gave me a heart attack ordering though, they had a sticker with the word "yellow" on it and I thought they'd sent yellow ones instead of grey! Turned out it's related to DHL's shipping haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Coilovers and RCAs are now on! Didn't need spacers either, Millsy did a bang up job in a freezing cold garage and the results are epic. Didn't need spacers in the end either, it still has a few mm to drop as it settles but I'm not going to wind them right down because the speed bumps around my place are devils and I don't fancy taking the bumper off. Tracking was done at the same time and it feels like a different car, but then one of the rears had ended up with 4 degrees of toe on it, it looked like it had never had a tracking session in its life!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Loving the car pal, did you get a good deal on the coilovers, and what r they like? cant decide which to go for

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Loving the car pal, did you get a good deal on the coilovers, and what r they like? cant decide which to go for
Hi mate, I just bought them at normal price, there wasn't really any deal on anywhere when I bought them but were just shy of £1200. Highly recommend them though, now it's got decent tyres and suspension plus lightweight wheels the handling is mega. Ride's not crashy and if you do hit a bump it sorts itself out very rapidly. KW Clubsports would be better if you have a lot of money and plan on tracking the car regularly because they have compression adjustment and stiffer springs, but I've been assured these will be absolutely fine for everday use and the odd track day here and there.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Cheers for that glad your happy with them, my car is basically going to be track only plan on doing track and races in it. Just the prices on them differ a lot when you look at track suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Cheers for that glad your happy with them, my car is basically going to be track only plan on doing track and races in it. Just the prices on them differ a lot when you look at track suspension

No worries mate, if it's track/race only then your best bet is to get hold of some proper suspension. I see you've bought some Challenge stuff, that's probably more suited to track than the XTAs

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Not much going on with the car at the moment. Has been working fine but something is smelling a bit warm at low speed, over 30mph and it's fine but below that and it's a bit weird. All levels are fine though, drives fine too and no abnormal noises so might just be a broken flexi on the janspeed if I'm lucky. I'll be starting basic training with the army soon anyway so my old man will be looking after the car while I'm away, he has some bits from me to sort on it :) just a supercharger service and a 17% pulley from Orranje to give me a tiny bit more boost to play with for the time being. Also sick of cleaning it every couple of weeks only for the 10 mile drive to work ruining it again, but I try to convince myself keeping it clean will help the bodywork in the long run

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts

Arrived! Got em for £300 seem ok, no damage apart from a bit of rust, good clean they should be good to get me going.

Anyone used these ?

41 - 60 of 82 Posts