MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Let me know how you get on. Currently getting quotes for Remus & Supersprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are both expensive and a little crap with the fact you get one exhaust for low noise and the other for loud, mine will cost about £500 but will give me both stock and varying levels of volume but I've designed it to also be performance by throwing out the exhaust gases

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
They are both expensive and a little crap with the fact you get one exhaust for low noise and the other for loud, mine will cost about £500 but will give me both stock and varying levels of volume but I've designed it to also be performance by throwing out the exhaust gases
Sounds brilliant mate & an ideal cost. I would be interested in one but I need to to be a bolt on replacement for the standard system (no cutting) as I will be giving the car back when the JCW clubman comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can't see the point in the JCW as the only difference is the 4 wheel drive system. That said if your renting or leasing the car you may as well change. I'm going to keep this car for a few years and play with it

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Next part of exhaust 1 into 3 pipes custom made, got to make them shorter and join the 2 in the middle down the middle. Something for the weekend. Shouldn't be too long before I start installing.
Just flick back to the sketch of your not sure on the plan.

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cut the y pieces down ready to make

Then added valves and welded it together, was lazy and went MIG. Next step to get this plumbed into the stock exhaust, add the rest of the bypass to tail pipes. Should get it fitted soon

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I finished work today and headed to get the exhaust finished.

First thing to do was remove a section from the straight pipe in the middle

Tail pipes cut off, then added the valve section in, made some bypass pipes to go around the back box and then made the connection from the stock box back to the tail pipes

Fitted up to the car

Then on with the JCW tail pipes

First impressions;
On initial start the valves were closed so no surprise it sounded stock, took it out for a spin and it is exactly how it was both in sound and performance as it was before I started.
Pressed the button on the remote vacuum unit and the sound change to a deep idle, the crackle and overrun sounds great, much better sound and much louder.

Very pleased with the outcome and I will get a video up tomorrow

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was going to do it today but with the rain all day I thought I would leave it. Did take it for a drive and the barks and overrun are quite loud - so far I am happy with the sound as even when the valves are open its not chav loud but enough until you hit 3000rpm then the sound really picks up

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Now this is not a MT type of thing to do... However... shut up...

As I had the car with the EDFC so the car can do casual and stiff suspension and I really like being able to change the feel of the car I wanted to take some height out so springs as the dampeners are very nice. I was going to just leave this car suspension as I have my R53 for fun setup and this is the family / tow car but the gap is just too much

First set of UK Cobra suspension

This was the first set and if mine drops to that height I will be very happy

·
Chop it
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
After having the camera installed for ages I never got round to getting it working, coded all the modules but nothing, I had another look at it and realised it should have been connected to CAN3 and I had it in CAN2. CAN3 is only used for corner headlights, camera, 4 wheel drive system. I have the headlights but nothing at the rear.
I ran a twisted pair of wires to the rear of the car on the RH side and added a CAN termination, connected the camera and immediately it worked

Also Jason put the new suspension on, verdict is... the car is lower the electronic dampers work nicely still as it is the same stiffness but adjusting the dampeners works nice and I do not have a huge gap. For everyday they are quite nice.

VS original

21 - 40 of 58 Posts